PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Door Interior Panels?

LXIHATCHRIDE
05-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Can you bleech interior door panels with regular bleach i want to make them white whats the deal with this and where can i get a new dash of this board my headunit wont fit in the dash wheres its cracked can i get another bottom part where the dash is for the radio or do i have to get a whole new dash

hit me up..... Honda Accord 86 Lxi Hatch ill buy it for 80$:eek: :wtf:

HostileJava
05-10-2003, 08:57 AM
I'd imagine you can bleach the panels just liked you'd be able to bleach any other material. You could take the panel off and try cutting off a small part and bleaching it to see what happens or better yet go to the junkyard and get one, try it on that.

toastyghost
05-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Good idea but I wouldn't test it on my interior. :) I'd just sand it and use white paint. SEM I think is what I used for my interior way back when like a year ago.

superaccord
05-12-2003, 05:44 PM
hey toastyghost...did you paint your dash? You said you sanded it...Hmm...did it work?

bambamky
05-17-2003, 04:37 PM
what color are your door panels?

LXIHATCHRIDE
05-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Blue...

MrBen
05-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Damn, only three posts and already a smartass! You're on my goodside :)

blazin3gen
05-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Cough Nate Cough lol please let him stay

MrBen
05-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Haha *cough* my post was a cover *cough*

HondaBoy
05-17-2003, 10:02 PM
hey, i just thought of something. can u realy bleach that fabric. i was wondering cuz its not realy made of cotton, i think its more like a plastic product fabric or polyester. if u wanna try it, of course test it in a very small area! better yet, go to a junk yard and try it out on another car. thats wut i would do. as for painting an recoloring ur interior, i did mine with duplicolor vinal/fabric paint. its basicly a dye that sinks into most of the fabrics in our 3gees and the rubber and plactic stuff.

HostileJava
05-18-2003, 03:29 AM
Is there an echo in here? :lol

toastyghost
05-20-2003, 09:26 AM
I painted the dash and door moldings SEM Royal Blue and the trim I did with bumper chrome. I also reupholstered the cloth parts of the doors w/ silver vinyl. A little ricey.. I'm aware of this but it was a classy job and I liked it a lot. I sanded all the moldings, I think w/ 600 grit, and used some plastic prep spray stuff and let that dry before painting. Also if you're going to use chrome or any kind of normal metal-adhering paint on plastic parts, make sure that you sand it really well, and I would use 2 layers of primer and some clearcoat. I found this out the hard way :P damn door handles were flaking chrome all over the place and I had to redo'em. I hope my experience can help you and put up some pics when you're done!