PDA

View Full Version : check this lip out (pic)

AccordChemist
06-03-2002, 04:20 PM
check out this brand spankin new crx lip..yummy...straight outta the plastic wrap...i got it from majestic honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com) ...i got the other one from a junkyard to finish the sides and little bit of the front. im gonna be filling the seams with polyflex and then im painting it moneterry green to match my car. ill have pics up of the finished product this weekend! oh yeah the pic is a little blurry :flip: :p

http://home.mchsi.com/~mikeisnever/crxlip.jpgmajestic honda (http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com)

smufguy
06-03-2002, 08:26 PM
nice man. how much did u pay for it? i head that it tkaes only one crx lip to finish it up and pathing up the gap by some crap. is it easy to do it?

89AccordNate
06-03-2002, 09:08 PM
That was such a waste of money I hate to tell you. It will come out looking just like mine did..and you know how much I payed for mine..maybe 5$!

You have to extend the ends and extend the middle..the thing is brand new and your going to cut it up? Why not just get 2 junkyard ones..mine were trashed before I worked on them.

And oh yea..they arent going ot hold together just with that flexi coat plastic filler stuff...I had to fiberglass the seams of mine and then bondo them.........theres no way bondo has enough strength to hold it.

Nate.

Gregs89AccordLxi
06-04-2002, 12:54 AM
yea i got mine for 5 bux too at the junkyard :super:

MoonScryer
06-04-2002, 07:07 AM
I got something better :P

:D

smufguy
06-04-2002, 07:17 AM
i heard a lower lip from the early integra's would work too. is it true? and what other bumper/lips would work? I want something for my rear bumper too. What can i do for my rear bumper? I was looking at the 5g accord. and their rear/back add-on was nice. The 4g Ex and SE did come with a front lip. would that work with ours.

I wish those things came in a flexible plastic or a decent PVC. or some composite easy to bend. Well anyways,thanks guys.

AccordChemist
06-04-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
That was such a waste of money I hate to tell you. It will come out looking just like mine did..and you know how much I payed for mine..maybe 5$!

You have to extend the ends and extend the middle..the thing is brand new and your going to cut it up? Why not just get 2 junkyard ones..mine were trashed before I worked on them.

And oh yea..they arent going ot hold together just with that flexi coat plastic filler stuff...I had to fiberglass the seams of mine and then bondo them.........theres no way bondo has enough strength to hold it.

Nate.

ok where to start hmm...i got one crx lip at a junkyard for free. but there was only one. and there are about 20 junkyards around my area and only one of them had 1 crx lip. so instead of traveling out of state or searching for one on the internet forever i just bought a brand new one. and no it wasnt a waste of money. $50 may be alot for you but isnt for me..and why do you care what i spend my money on or how much money i spend. thats your problem, you worry to much about what other people are doing. lay off. i just got finished piecing it together putting it on my bumper today..and do you really think im that dumb..."they arent going ot hold together just with that flexi coat plastic filler stuff" no shit? thats why i have a steel plate going along the whole backside of it including the seams. i could run my bumper into a curb and it wouldnt budge. what do you think is stronger? steal or fiberglass? the poly flex is just for cosmetic purposes such as filling in the seams on the outside...so the lip looks like all one piece when im finished. fuck bondo and fiberglass, im doing this shit the right way...jeez

Mike. :)