PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dog Bone(motor Mount)

HondaBoy
05-08-2003, 08:37 PM
well i know the "dog bone" isnt suppost to be able to move very easily on the rubber bushing things. i had some ordered and they came 2day. well they were the wrong ones. so i went back and got the right ones. if yall dont know wut the dog bone is, its the thing on the rear of the engine. it connects at the top on the left side. it connects onto the fire wall. i think its realy called like a torque strut or something. well i believe this is one of the reasons for hard shifting. my uncle had told me about this and he has fixed many cars with the same problem. well my new order should come in Saturday moring. so if its not, im gonna be kinda pissed. i hope this will help with my semi-hard shifting problem. i would realy like to think it does it because it has lots of power, but i know damn well thats not it. well i tell yall if thats it when i put the new bushings in. also, im gonna have trouble gettin the bolts lose. i guess ill have to use a cheater bar.

HondaBoy
05-09-2003, 09:19 PM
well in the morning im gonna go pick up those new inserts. has anyone had this problem? have any of yall replaced them?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Mine kinda moves to the left and right a little bit. Is that normal? I believe the dog bone is a motor mount right?

anchovies
05-09-2003, 10:46 PM
I believe it's okie if it moves left/right. But not substantial play front/back.

HondaBoy
05-10-2003, 10:26 AM
yeah mine has substantial play. u can move it side to side, and also its very loose and can be moved up and down. i got them 2day, they were $17 more. but they are the right ones. im gonna have trouble gettin the bolt off cuz its on pretty damn tight.

HondaBoy
05-10-2003, 08:54 PM
i replaced those bad rubber things in the torque strut. they were fairly easy to put in compared to putting on bushings on the suspension. now that i have them on, the hard shifting has almost completly gone away. i guess that was one of the things that needed replaceing. the bushing that was bolted to the engine itself was all cracked and comming apart. that was about $37 for them. i think it was well worth it.

HondaBoy
05-11-2003, 08:48 PM
well ive been driving my 3gee on the freeway this weekend. before i replaced the bushings, it would kinda shake at freeway speed. now it drives smooth and shifts great! i cant believe those little pieces of rubber made that much of a difference. i would have never believed it would work like that. i think i still need to tighten the bolts a bit more with a torque wrench. i would recommend replaceing these bushings on the "dog bone" if u have the problem i did. i wouldnt be a bad idea to replace the rest of the motor mounts along with new ball joints. i think that would make it ride smoother. and new shocks.

anchovies
05-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Pinky18
Watch hot babes masturbating & getting fucked HARD on videos & webcams with sound !!! Its 100% FREE...have a look now!! Click here !! (http://www.pink4free.com/?wm=15006) :)

Are they on top of an accord?
Do they use the "bad dog bone"?
i don't think so ...wtf
:huh: