PDA

View Full Version : window trim.......

89accord_lxi_coupe
05-09-2003, 06:58 AM
i know i've seen pics of cars on here where somebody removed the black on the trim around the windows. i've seen it done on the rear window and i think on the small half windows on the coupes. who has done this, because the black paint on the window trim for small windows is peeling off. it's got silver underneath and i wouldn't mind getting what i can off and showing the silver. i think it would look kinda nice. let me know if you've done this. yes i have some small razors.

-Nolan

Mike89Accordcom
05-09-2003, 09:31 AM
A few years back mine started to come off on the back window, and I scraped it off with a little blade. It's is silver. But be careful cause you can scratch the shit out of the silver finish. If you don't like the silver, you can always repaint it. Under all the black is silver around the car.

89accord_lxi_coupe
05-10-2003, 10:48 AM
instead of using a razor, can i sand it down a bit and prime then paint it chrome. i've taken off a bit with the razor, but as was stated it's getting scratched. would my suggestion work?

-Nolan

Mike89Accordcom
05-10-2003, 11:03 AM
yeah sand it down, that will work. It will come off that way as well, and then you wont have the scratch marks.