PDA

View Full Version : Shaking

Janiel
05-09-2003, 09:21 AM
I have a question. When i drive my car under 50mph and brake it just fine. But its a different story at highway speeds. All i have to do is tuch the brake and the car starts to shake very badly. I have changed upper control arms with ball joint, Tie rod ends (outer) and I am going to replace the lower ball joints this weekend. What do you think could be causing this? I don't like to drive my car like this cause sometimes it gets scary.:(

dj99
05-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Make sure your axle joints are tight. Also check your wheel bearings for wear.

87accordlxi
05-09-2003, 10:39 AM
check your rotors for warping

shepherd79
05-09-2003, 10:44 AM
it is your rotors.
when you replace rotors, look at brake pads. if they wearing out evenly your caliper is good. if one brake pad is wearing out faster you will have to replace brake caliper too.

ACCORD EX
05-10-2003, 09:49 AM
rotors !
does teh wheels do a clunking sound over road pumps !? if so could your lower ball joint !

MIKE

Janiel
05-13-2003, 08:36 AM
I put new rotors in and the shaking went away. But my lower ball joints are bad and have a 1/4" play up and down. Also my driver side bearing is really bad. I just put new tires all around and my car is riding much better. My right rear suspension makes noise for any little bump. It sounds like something is loose. Any one have this problem? Thanx for the help.

SiR
05-13-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Janiel
Also my driver side bearing is really bad.

This is probably why your rotors were warped in the first place. Replace both dirver and pass. at the same time so you wont warp your new rotors again. When there is too much play in the hub, the rotor starts banging agains the pads, wearing both REALLY fast.