PDA

View Full Version : Maaco on Wednesday

89NinjaAccordLX
06-03-2002, 05:20 PM
the 89ninjaaccord is getting a maaco paint job on Wednesday. I'm going with their supreme package. Its the "middle of the road" paint job with the full clearcoat. Total for everything will be about six hundred bucks and I'm getting metallic black. Guess we'll see how the Maaco in Virginia does. The guy also told me that the only reason you ever need to sand down the original paint down a few layers is if there's rust forming or if its very badly oxidizing. Mine wasn't but he said the prep job I did on the hood was really good considering it was a backyard job. *bows* Anyways, keep your eyes peeled for pics of the "soon to be coolest 3g" you've ever seen (yeah right) lol.

accordlx
06-03-2002, 08:15 PM
The reason you sand a car is to give the new paint something to hold onto. I hope the guy who told you this just works in the office and not in the shop. Every car that is painted is at least roughed up a little with 400 grit sandpaper on a disk/air sander. Then the car should be primered if possible and then repainted. I wrote a post on getting your car painted. It is good reading material while sitting on the john at the very least. You might reference it before going down there tomorrow. It might save you a few headaches.

HondaSi88
06-04-2002, 07:57 AM
GOD BLESS U WITH MAACO! I wouldn't get pencils painted by them!
The are full of ....well u know!
youll see a ad on TV for one price and once u get them that same price gets doubled!
Well good luck!

Jdub07
06-04-2002, 09:33 AM
You know I have heard about 50/50 with Macco. A good friend of mine took his bronco there. Late 60's early 70's bronco I think. They did an outstanding job! My father in law took his mini van there and they did an outstanding job too! The bronco was 2,500 bucks because of all the body work done and the mini van was 1000. Although the mini van had to be brought back because there were some runs. They fixed it no charge and looks great (for a mini van). I think it just depends on the painter, not Macco itself. There are good painters out there, just without enough experiance to work at the top paint shops yet. Good luck!

gruvmstr206
06-04-2002, 07:43 PM
also dont forget that maaco's are franchised meaning that maaco doesnt own the maacos, but some individual business owner does who just works under the maaco name and maaco "laws"