PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Audio

HondaBoy
05-09-2003, 09:43 PM
well i have ghetto speakers as of now. i wanna do a tune up on my sound system. well ive been looking and trying out speakers for over a year. i try out them at the stores. well i try some pioneers and i thought they were the greatest damn things. well i found some realy nice ones at of all places, Wal-Mart! i always try out a stereo thats about equal to wut mine is. neway, the speakers i tried were Lightning Audio 6x9s. i liked them better than the pioneers or the sony explodes. i dont know a price, but im gonna say somewhere around $60? they actually didnt have prices posted up when i looked last. so does anyone have any audio stuff from Lightning Audio?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Well I heard their subs are :toilet: I don't know about the speakers.

Vanilla Sky
05-09-2003, 10:31 PM
to me, when i threw really testing music at the, they sounded about like the stock in my mom's 626... and i think they are $40

buy the pioneers if they are the A series with the aramid fibre reinforced cones... those pioneers, to me, are very good, especially for the price

if you look, though, you can get them cheaper... give ebay a shot... a lot of times you can get better speakers that what you want for the same price, sometimes even less

i saw some JBLs on there tonight that look good for the $50 they want... so they wouldn't cost any more than $70, and by specs, it's a better speaker

shepherd79
05-10-2003, 03:33 AM
LA makes good caps and amps, but when it comes to speakers and subs they just plain suck.

cdscowboy
05-10-2003, 10:55 AM
I have a LA cap, and it does pretty well, but I've heard their speakers really suck. I'd agree with VanillaSky on this one...check out eBay.

87accordDxRocFosStyl
05-10-2003, 02:27 PM
id just have to Lightning Audio is just Rockford stuff in a different package. made in same plant, owned by rockford so....... in my opinion buy them good stuff for cheap, about equal to Pioneer in quality. thats just my opinion though....................

ghost_ny
05-10-2003, 05:08 PM
i have had the amp and its pretty good

JaVaSa84
05-10-2003, 05:48 PM
yo ghost, what part of Long Island are you from?
Are you near Westbury???

ghost_ny
05-11-2003, 10:33 AM
in riverhead, about a hour from there

HondaBoy
05-11-2003, 08:36 PM
ah, i see wut yall were talking about. their subs are not the best, i can tell ya that. but their 6x9 speakers were pretty good when ive heard them. they arent like going in a box or nothing. ther are going on the rear shelf. i may try out other stuff too. i probley wont get those anyway. i do want some that sound realy good, and bass good. im going to maybe power the 6x9s with an amp.

89AccordLXI666
05-15-2003, 04:07 AM
I used to have a Lightning Audio amp and I believe it was a 200Watt amp, and it was powering two 12inch Pioneer subs and for some reason it seemed like the amp was more than 200Watts, because that amp made my subs pound, and they where loud as hell.... as for LA speakers I've never heard them before so I don't know the sound quality of the 6x9's or whatnot but definitly go for like Pioneer, MB Quarts, JL Audio, But I don't know your budget so if anything go for the Pioneer 6x9's instead... and also try ebay.com it won't kill ya to look. You pretty much would get great deals n e wayz, so give it a shot bro... hope that helps, good luck! :-)

88 Accord DX
05-15-2003, 05:03 AM
ive got 2 LA subs in the trunk and 2 6x9's in the rear. yes LA is owned by fosgate now. the subs arn't the best in the world but for the price the are exceptionally well. i dont know about any other series but the Bolts are what i have.

scandalcat1
05-18-2003, 05:08 PM
The 6x9s and 6.5 in. speakers are 29.99 and 39.99 at the local Wal-mart

HondaBoy
05-18-2003, 07:47 PM
well comparing them to the ones i was originally gonna buy, which were pioneer, sony explode, and i forget the other brand. the LAs seemed to sound better with bass. they didnt distort like the others did. and they bump pretty damn good considering they are in that cheap display box. if i do get them, i can always take em back if i dont like em. my friends told me to get them. by the way they arent the subs, they are 6x9s to replace what i already have. the old accord speakers busted so i got some out of a neon. they arent too great but are better than the 5 1/4s my friend had in his car.

bambamky
05-19-2003, 11:43 AM
I have seen what you are talking about not the speakers though it was an amp!
The person told me that it is a side product of Rockford fosgate?
that was at the local mod shop!

uneek
05-19-2003, 07:22 PM
sony subs seriously suck LA subs suck but you get what you pay for i guess :D

Steve028
05-20-2003, 06:57 AM
the last time i tried an LA sub it lasted me about 45 min. after that there was no bass just the really annoying noise and smell of a blown sub. I haven't tried out the speakers yet though.