PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy new distributor?

RL89LXi
06-03-2002, 06:03 PM
Does anyone know where I should look online if I want to buy a whole new or rebuilt distributor? I'm thinking I might just call up Autozone or NAPA if I need to. Also, how hard will the install be on this? Would there be any way for me to do it so that I would not have to get the car re-timed? I might be able to get my hands on a timing light, but not sure I trust myself to adjust everything the right way. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Rob

smufguy
06-03-2002, 07:36 PM
u dont need special tools or timing lights and all that stuff. all u need is the new distributor and a 10mm ratchet. just remove the old one and put the new one back in and ur ready to go on. our cars have a two pronge design that will fit only in one way. its just the 3g like that i guess. so u wont be 180 out of phase and ur timing is always set right. make sure to clean out the area before u put the new one on. and why would u get a brand new one? just get a good one from the junk for 30 bucks and it works magic.

ACCORD EX
06-04-2002, 01:05 AM
i think you'll need to use a timing light when you bolt in the new distributer ! and you can get it from the junkyard or if you want a new on e( about 400 $ :eek: ) you can get it from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

MIKE

smufguy
06-04-2002, 07:35 AM
why would u need a timing light? You dont need a timing light. according to the Hayne's manual all u gotta do is bring the engine to TDC (top dead center) u do this by taking off the distributor cap off the old distributor (still bolted to the engine block) and bring the striker in the distributor to be right on cylinder 1 position. remove the old one, put the new one back in with the striker on the new one, in the same cylinder one place.

that is all a piece of junk for starters. To me, since the two prong would confuse anyone, just take the distributor cap off the old one see where the striker is (or almost is), pull it out and put the new one back on.