PDA

View Full Version : Valve cover leak

89cordlx
05-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Ok, I have a small oil leak from the far left bolt that holds the valve cover on, and another small leak from the middle part of the gasket near the front. is there a sealant that goes on new gaskets or something? and how to I fix the leak near the bolt?

anchovies
05-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Get a new valve cover gasket and grommets.
That should solve your problem.

ACCORD EX
05-11-2003, 01:06 AM
if you can't get a valve over gasket use a high tempreture sillicone ( special type ) , i used it no problem ! ( i couldn't find the gasket !

MIKE

Mike's89AccordLX
05-11-2003, 01:11 AM
If the gasket is in good condition (still rubbery and flexible) then just get this stuff at napa or any parts store call Gasket Sealer. Then what you do is put that around the metal and the put the gasket in the grooves of the valve cover and place it back on the head. The gasket sealer goes between the head and the rubber gasket and then the valve cover goes over everything. (figured it might be confusing and people might get mixed up)

adams86lxi
05-11-2003, 08:42 PM
I had the same problem my dad went to the honda dealer and picked me up a new valve cover gasket yesterday and the grommets are on order. I dont remember how much it was but real cheap!! I look up the price later after i find the receipt, But I would just get a whole new gasket.

ACCORD EX
05-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
If the gasket is in good condition (still rubbery and flexible) then just get this stuff at napa or any parts store call Gasket Sealer. Then what you do is put that around the metal and the put the gasket in the grooves of the valve cover and place it back on the head. The gasket sealer goes between the head and the rubber gasket and then the valve cover goes over everything. (figured it might be confusing and people might get mixed up)

GASKET SEALER !! that's the name i was looking for ! :D

MIKE