PDA

View Full Version : Squeak in right upper control arm

b&t88accordlx
05-10-2003, 08:33 PM
:mad:

I had recently had my accord to the local dealer for repair of the bushings. They replaced the complete upper arm assy with new bushings a month ago (not a cheap fix). Now, the squeak is back. When it rains, no squeak. if it's dry a day, it squeaks.

As usual, they couldn' find it and their the "trained". :rant:

Any pointers for d.i.y. ???

They did tell me that all my wheel studs were stretched and needed replacing.... for $160. I said I never heard of this. If you over-torque them , they'll snap! I use a quality snap torque wrench as a final check.

What's your opinions?

AccordEpicenter
05-10-2003, 08:43 PM
are you sure its not the bj itself? Also Lower BJs squeek too if theyre bad

anchovies
05-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Did they grease them?
Maybe you can try some lithium grease on it.

ACCORD EX
05-11-2003, 01:05 AM
are you sure it 's in teh arm ???

MIKE

b&t88accordlx
05-11-2003, 07:25 AM
They said they did....but depending on if they remembered to do it. How hard of a job for me to grease them? I can get the silicon paste to do it.

b&t88accordlx
05-11-2003, 07:26 AM
I can feel the squeak in the arm.

Sabz5150
05-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Check the lower joint. That's what was causing my horrid squeaking.

MrBen
05-11-2003, 11:50 AM
My upper ball joint in the back squeaks like a mofo. Extremely annoying. It's probably the bj itself. I can feel it in the arm also.

bigpoppa88
05-11-2003, 12:25 PM
my left upper does the same, I usually put up with it by giving each bushing a blast of wd40 or your favorite lub, that usually lasts a few weeks.

MrBen
05-11-2003, 01:50 PM
I tried that, it made it worse.

I think I should get a new one. Shop wants 200 just for the part new. I'd pull one from a junkyard but have no idea how to nor do I have the time.

Blue Impact
05-11-2003, 09:08 PM
My car's squeaking like a bitch too and it's coming from the front passenger side. It can't be the upper arms in my case cuz when I lowered my car, I replaced it with Prelude arms. I did try greasing all the joints and the squeaks did go away for a few days and now it's back and it's worse.

Here's a description of my problem. It squeaks whenever I steer and/or whenever the car bounces up and down

MrBen
05-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Sounds familiar. Get in, squaaaaaaark, eek eek eek. Bump, squick squick squick. People in the back seat, squeeeeeek squeeeeek scrick scrack scrich.

MrBen
05-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Pinky18
Watch hot babes masturbating & getting fucked HARD on videos & webcams with sound !!! Its 100% FREE...have a look now!! Click here !! (http://www.pink4free.com/?wm=15006) :)

I hope you get banned.

nitin24
05-12-2003, 09:08 AM
I have the same problem, except it started after I did the upper control arms, lower ball joints, and tie rod ends. I did the repair myself, and I did lube up the bushings, but I didn't get a new seal kit for the control arm.
My right side "creaks" when I go over bumps, but it goes away when it rains. The left side doesn't do it at all...let me know if there is a solution for this except for going back in there and replacing the bushings...it's a bitch.

Blue Impact
05-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Funny, mine's worse when it rains.

Sabz5150
05-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
My car's squeaking like a bitch too and it's coming from the front passenger side. It can't be the upper arms in my case cuz when I lowered my car, I replaced it with Prelude arms. I did try greasing all the joints and the squeaks did go away for a few days and now it's back and it's worse.

Here's a description of my problem. It squeaks whenever I steer and/or whenever the car bounces up and down

It's your lower balljoint. Horrid squeaking whenever the wheel moves by bounce or steer. Ya might wanna get that fixed relatively soon. The joints aren't too expensive, but talk about a PAIN to replace. You'll need a set of snap ring pilers to do the job... needlenose won't help ya here.

Blue Impact
05-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Sabz5150
It's your lower balljoint. Horrid squeaking whenever the wheel moves by bounce or steer. Ya might wanna get that fixed relatively soon. The joints aren't too expensive, but talk about a PAIN to replace. You'll need a set of snap ring pilers to do the job... needlenose won't help ya here.

Yeah, it's the lower balljoint. I just WD40'ed it earlier tonight and the squeals are gone for the moment. I will get it replaced once the semester is over. Gotta focus on school for now. Thanks for the advice.