PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...

Rex
05-11-2003, 03:17 AM
Ok, here it goes.... i've had my 3gee for about 3 months... not long after i got it i had some problems when trying to start it... it would crank over and then die. After some reading here on the boards, i figured it was just the main relay.....
Just recently (past week) it has been doing some other wierd stuff... it will do the starting problem, but then while sitting at a stop light it will bog down and lurch forward a foot, and then idle fine again.... it will bog down while driving every now and then too. Ahh, hmm, i checked the ecu, and it is flashing 14 times, but acording to the manual that code doesnt exist... (code 14 is supposedly 1 long flash and then 4 short) The check engine light came on today while driving, and it idles at 1500 in park now. Unplugging the EACV will bring the idle dow to normal and it seems to run abit smoother.... should i just leave this unplugged for now?
Sorry for the long post, but any help would be great.

p.s. - it also has had a oil change, filter, fuel filter, civic short ram intake, and new plugs. its also and 89 ex-i
thanks again

Mike's89AccordLX
05-11-2003, 03:23 AM
Here's something that might help.

http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=185

Mike's89AccordLX
05-11-2003, 03:25 AM
Looks like it's a defective circuit or defective sensor.