PDA

View Full Version : Brakeline removal help

Defiant[YD]
05-11-2003, 02:27 PM
aight, here's the thing,
i got the hayne's manual, and how they explained and illustrated did not help at all.
i have no idea how to remove a section of brake line/hose from the driver front side of the car (next to my springs).
i just spent the last 3 hours using every wrench available trying to remove those metal things that connect the section hose to the rest of the system. but unfortunately, it didn't work and i'm really pissed off cuz of that.
the hayne's manuel said to use wrench's to simply take it off, well, gee, i just tried it and it don't work.
anyone can help me please?????

ACCORD EX
05-12-2003, 07:09 AM
any pic ?

nitin24
05-12-2003, 10:53 AM
I actually just changed out those brake lines on my car on Tuesday of last week. You need to use a 10mm wrench. Worked for me. Just be careful, because it seems that a 10mm was a tiny bit big, so don't round off the nut. Also make sure you are leaving in the clip to prevent the rubber end of the brake line from rotating.

Defiant[YD]
05-12-2003, 01:33 PM
sorry man, no pics at all.
cuz i don't have my scanner with me, and if i do, it'll take me forever to develop pictures.

well, i tried using a 10mm wrench, and it kept comin off. i really hope i didn't strip it cuz the honda guy says i gotta replace the whole hose from the master cylinder to the caliper if i did.
and honda is charging me 67 bucks for a new hose line.
he told me to use a flarenut wrench, which now i know what it looks like.
and all and all, looks like sending it to a shop might be cheaper than doin it myself.

ACCORD EX
05-12-2003, 11:59 PM
in wierd size nuts i always use my pilars , i don't know what they are called ! but they are special big pilars that grap auto matically once you determine teh size you are grapping ! and then you squeeze pilars handels and it clicks and graps very well !

MIKE

anchovies
05-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by ACCORD EX
in wierd size nuts i always use my pilars , i don't know what they are called ! but they are special big pilars that grap auto matically once you determine teh size you are grapping ! and then you squeeze pilars handels and it clicks and graps very well !

MIKE

vise grips

a small pipe wrench will work better after some heat applied to the nut