PDA

View Full Version : alternator wire diagram?

ryansaccord
05-11-2003, 04:02 PM
can somebody show me which plugs for the alternator go to which wire. Because when i got my wire harness, i noticed that plug for it was cut off, i know where the big white one goes, but the other four i jus have cut wires, so i was going to just run each wire to the spot, but i dont know which wire goes to which spot. anybody?

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-11-2003, 07:23 PM
If you're talking about the four wires that go to the voltage regulator, the WHT wire/BLU stripe goes to "L", BLK/YEL to "IG", WHT/GRN to "S", and the WHT/RED goes to "FR". Are the terminals marked on the alt.? If not, get a another plug from a J/Y and splice it in.

*edit* Just noticed that carb models only have 3 wires? Don't know what you got as far as wires go, sorry!:(

cruznz
05-11-2003, 11:14 PM
he wont need the WH/RED for FR if his is carbed

ryansaccord
05-13-2003, 06:29 PM
no the terminals arent marked, And i do need the fourth wire, i am in the process right now of converting it to fi, but i was wondering if one of you guys could put up a picture or something showing what wire goes to what terminal??
Thanks

cruznz
05-14-2003, 02:33 AM
you'd be better to do as steve suggested, and get another plug from the j/y and splice it in...........wouldn't want to accidently short those wires

ryansaccord
05-15-2003, 06:47 AM
yeah, probably will, just all of them are cut, there too lazy to just unplug it, they have to cut everything to take stuf out