PDA

View Full Version : How Does Your 3gee Ride?

HondaBoy
05-11-2003, 08:53 PM
well ive taken many rides in other 3gees. ive been in some that ride like a new car, some that are bumpy, and some that dont feel like they should be driving on the road. my question to yall is how does yours ride. does it shimmy and shake or ride smooth as a brand new car? mine unfortunatly doesnt ride as smooth as it should, but isnt too bad considering some of my friends cas that ive ridden in.

jigga225
05-11-2003, 10:33 PM
i got dropzone coilovers and tokico shox.
and I have to ride from new orleans to chicago with it this summer.
aww shit

Cmac-19
05-11-2003, 10:43 PM
i like to think mine rides very smooth, but im sure there are people who might think different

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Mine rides great :) It's all stock though. Rear struts were replaced a couple years ago, but fronts are still original and it still rides real nice. As far as shakes go, absolutely none whatsoever. At any speed it's smooth as silk, which is what makes it oh so comfortable on the highway. I also keep my tires properly balanced and my front end aligned, as well as making sure all the suspension components are tight, which keeps everything accurate.

netfreak
05-11-2003, 11:02 PM
I can feel the speed in my car... I like it that way though. Last week I drove a 96 corolla and I could hit 100kph without noticing. It can take corners real quick and easy but that takes the fun out of it. The car I just got (88 prelude) rides nice like the accord but smoother than mine. My car pulls a bit to the left and my front suspension makes funny noises.

Gregs89AccordLxi
05-11-2003, 11:12 PM
mine rides smooth like a new car but i havent did anything to the springs or struts its all stock, even at the higher speeds my car is smooth with no shaking, but my dads 3gee on the other hand feels kinda like riding in a boat and the steering wheel shakes at higher speeds...

Mike89Accordcom
05-11-2003, 11:22 PM
mine rides ok, but not great. On smooth roads it drives like a champ.

AccordEpicenter
05-12-2003, 07:24 AM
i have a small shake, but i know its from my brake rotors. Other than that its kinda stiff and bumpy but pretty tight

Rendon LX-i
05-12-2003, 09:10 AM
i have just the boncing problem thats all but other then that. its pretty good cuz i have DC sturt front and back so its a smooth ride on high way. but i have Cut springs so that mine be the prob. but its all good

goldyaccord
05-12-2003, 10:51 AM
I cant remember what mine rode like. but it sure handled pretty good till the Konis blew. I like to feel what my car is doing.

The Jag sucks cuz i cant feel what it's doing. but it does 130-140 smoothly

markmdz89hatch
05-12-2003, 11:39 AM
When I had the B&G's and the Koni's in I had a very umm... ...well, my girlfriend put it best "I feel like I'm in a rickety-'ol roller coaster."

She's right, there was NO bounce what-so-ever, and with the super hard B&G's, that made for a real tight "feel every pebble in the road" type feel. But she was oh so stable and sure on her feet. Once I got everything dialed in, she'd corner a 90 at 90 and stop on a frigg'n dime. No nose dive at all. Lane changes were a joke, but the downside to it was that it really did ride like an 'ol rickety roller coaster when on bumpy roads. Shit started to rattle in the car like no tomorrow. (That's where the rubber washers and blue lock-tite come in handy.)

RobT5580
05-12-2003, 04:40 PM
With my Koni's and H&R's its rides as well as i think it will ever get with a low profile tire. I like it cause it doesnt bounce that much and overall its pretty smooth. It rides the worst on low speed city streets with all the uneven roads and pot holes. I recommend Koni's to everyone and with they offered the yellow konis for us so they would be easier to adjust.

88' Accord Ltd
05-12-2003, 06:59 PM
My 3g rides very nice! It dose drift to the right a bit if I take my hands off the wheel but its barley noticable. I'm running all stock stuff right now. My dads 3g rides just as nice as mine but with a bit more bounce.

XXFearThisXX
05-12-2003, 08:00 PM
mine shakes kinda bad when im slowin down kris/the previous owner told me its the brake rotors but i dont have money to get those yet ill have to wait a while but i am getting a alighment sooooonnn... hopefully cause the bitch pulls so bad to the right when u go over like little pot holes or bumps in the road like 40-50 hes gone to a 100 in it one time he said comin back from mississipi to florida he was late but anyways i dont know how bad it shaked when he was doin a 100 that time but i know when u get around 40-50 u better have 2 hands on the wheel just in case the highest i ever went in it was like 80 down a 45 but when i went to 80 it seem to be held together kinda more then 40-50 but was still shaky a little...but Straight/it was fun.........> = ) also the suspension makes noises sometimes around corners/sometimes... like its gonna cave in but this is sometimes and i just think it needs a Lube job under the car cause i dont want it to turn into a taxi *squek *squek VVRrrrroooommmmmm.....

Jims 86LXI HB
05-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by jigga225
i got dropzone coilovers and tokico shox.
and I have to ride from new orleans to chicago with it this summer.
aww shit

Whoa, your in for quite a ride:D aren't you;)

Blue Impact
05-13-2003, 09:41 AM
I like my ride. I have Sprint Springs with Monroe Sensatracs and it's not as bad compared to my friends' Civic and Integra. To me, it runs good.

1989 DX R
05-13-2003, 10:26 AM
No shakes or noise, just too damn soft.

HostileJava
05-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Mine rides decent, but not great, I think it needs a front end alignment and the wheels balanced. Also I guess I can't expect a smooth ride with low profile tires and springs that are starting to sag.

89AcCOrDmike
05-13-2003, 04:42 PM
mines got a nice ride, but i'm sure it would be way better if i lost the stock springs, sometimes it gets a bit bouncy when i go fast on bumpy roads...enough to make me slow down...

Stefi-blueLX
05-13-2003, 07:40 PM
It drives smooth from 0-70
from 70-about 85 it shakes
from 85+ drives smooth agian.

Yeah it's wierd. But I'm always going 90+
on the interstate.

It's not called the highway (what the hell is that?)
It's called the interstate! :D Well at least that's what we call it down here!

88accord
05-14-2003, 06:35 AM
rides ok

SupaNam
05-15-2003, 09:53 AM
i like my ride. it's all stock. i can get up to 100mph no problem. doesn't shake at all when i maxed her out at 117mph. and i've taken corners at 50mph, with a little drifting... handled it nicely, until i did it one too many times and blew my rear tire.... shoot 3geez are the best! haha, i raced a prelude in the rain with a spare tire for my right rear wheel and beat him going 110mph!

HondaBoy
05-22-2003, 09:13 PM
i was on the freeway 2day and the traffic was moving pretty fast. its 65mph and they were doing much faster. i was just drivin along and noticed i was going 88mph. i didnt even notice! i cant believe that. maybe its cuz the tire pressure is correct now? i let some out. i also notice that it does better in cooler time of day than hot. guess that messes with the tire pressure.

zinj
05-30-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Stefi-blueLX
It drives smooth from 0-70
from 70-about 85 it shakes
from 85+ drives smooth agian.

Yeah, I have the exact same problem... except it is smooth up to 65, vibrates from 65-75, and then is smooth 75+.

I get my tires rotated regularly, so I'm guessing it's the CV-joint/something else wrong with the axle. I'm waiting for it to start making noise before I have it replaced.

Does yours shake worse when you're going uphill between 70-85? Mine does that. :confused:

zinj
05-30-2003, 12:50 AM
Oh, back on topic, mine (stock suspension) rides nice, and doesn't rattle... but I can really feel the road, and I like it that way. When I drive something like a new stock Civic, it feels too mushy and soft to me...