PDA

View Full Version : Jet Chip

1988starter
06-03-2002, 10:25 PM
I swear I saw someone with one in their signature and I was just wondering what they thought about it.

1990civic
07-24-2005, 07:41 PM
i used to have one in my 88 lxi, actually i still have the jet chip i sold the car, and yes it did make a big difference especially in my 1st and 2nd gear i had the chip tuned working with my cai, pacesetter headers and 2 1/4 exhaust all the way back and that accord used to go, i was neck and neck with a 91 5.0 305 firebird should have seen the look on dudes face ha, priceless but yea the Jet chip did help out my accord but it also depends on what mods you have in it the more the better

tyler88
07-24-2005, 07:50 PM
i thought you cant chip the 3geez ecu...someone please clear this up

bobafett
07-24-2005, 08:41 PM
oh my god! all time craziest thread revival

1990civic
07-24-2005, 09:22 PM
who said you couldn't chip the ecu? because they were wrong.....

smufguy
07-24-2005, 10:16 PM
i thought you cant chip the 3geez ecu...someone please clear this up

you can chip it if you want, but it does nothing to the car. The reason is, the ecu is basic and controls nothing but the injectors. and no, its not gonna add more power by increasing fuel flow cause the ecu does not control the ignition timing. so basically its not worth it and wont do anything.

STOP BRINGING OLD THREADS BACK TO LIFE. i was gonna scream at corey for this, but its just some noob bringing it back :(

TheWatcher
07-24-2005, 11:22 PM
you can chip it if you want, but it does nothing to the car. The reason is, the ecu is basic and controls nothing but the injectors. and no, its not gonna add more power by increasing fuel flow cause the ecu does not control the ignition timing. so basically its not worth it and wont do anything.

STOP BRINGING OLD THREADS BACK TO LIFE. i was gonna scream at corey for this, but its just some noob bringing it back :(
Word.

This goes for the "speed chip" also.

"Jet chip". :rofl:

Peace.

88accordalltheway
07-25-2005, 01:51 AM
bringin stuff from 02 back? talk about major whorage.

1990civic
07-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Ha! lol, obviously im new here and by the looks of it you guys dont like newbies but f*ck it bringing back old threads because i did not want to start a new one, as for the Jet chip working it did for me But if "you guys" say it Dont Work then i guess it doesnt!...

thegreatdane
07-26-2005, 07:49 AM
I think it's fine that someone gives some feedback on the JET chip. What's wrong with that.
Smufguy, if there's mods done to the way the engine breathes, then why would changing the injectors open time not have any effect?

smufguy
07-26-2005, 09:38 AM
even if the engine has a lot of mods done to it, the fuel injecton rate has to go hand in hand with the ignition timing. cause more fuel alone is not gonna give you the best performance. at any given point, more fuel will give you more hp, but the efficient a/f ratio wont be there and neither will the right ignition points. so on the other hand, u will be burning just more fuel, feeling more power on the butt dyno, and getting horrible gas milage. But also you have to know that after combustion cycle ends, the O2 sensor reads the Oxygen level in the exhaust and alters the fuel injection rate, so if ur burning more fuel in every cycle, its gonna try and reduce fuel injecton rate every other cycle to compensate while the ignition is all by itself running off nothing but the manifold vaccuum. So basically you dont get what you pay for 300 bux or so. Unless otherwise the chip is free, its not worth your time, nor your money.

most importantly, people who make their engines breathe a lot more than stock, dont usually chip the cars, esp not in an A20, they are better off running a standalone or running a phiggy back with a OBD-1 converstion hooked up to a different ECU.