PDA

View Full Version : im pretty sure this has been asked but i am gonna ask anyways

NOAHS88accord
06-04-2002, 01:37 AM
has anybody installed one of those "bomb type mufflers" on their car. what i mean is those big coffee can lookin mufflers that make the car sound like a dirt bike when accelerating?

also i would like to say hello to all those that remember me from the original board i have been gone for a while and am now back

peace
noah

1988starter
06-04-2002, 07:33 AM
I thnk you are refering to the wet fart mufflers:lol J/K yea a few of us have them but I think mostly people have magnaflow dynomax, flowmaster and a few wity apex. Yea you can gey one for our car.

smufguy
06-04-2002, 11:36 AM
some ppl do have DTM and flowmaster and i doubt anyone has a borla, damn those borla. :rolleyes:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-04-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by smufguy
some ppl do have DTM and flowmaster and i doubt anyone has a borla, damn those borla. :rolleyes:

oh yes we do have a member that has a borla muffler. I just don't remember who it is.:rolleyes:

NOAHS88accord
06-04-2002, 05:25 PM
what im talkin about is those huge usually super shiny circular mufflers that all the civics and eclipses have. now my question is well a universal one fit on our cars without messin up all the back pressure stuff and all that?

smufguy
06-04-2002, 05:37 PM
get a 4 inch one, u would be sorry u got that when stock cars leave u scrambling. ppl think they get performance out of mufflers with big ass tips in the back. most of the time, it does not work that way. I am sure ur talking about the muffles that the integra guys and the eclipse and the civic guys just stuff in there. All those fast and furious immitations. The reason is there is a lot of mufflers made like that that stands out to be PERFORMANCE statements. even the OEM looking ones give a great performance. I like the OEM looking ones cause they tuck in real neat and to me look nice.

1988starter
06-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Also why sound like a drt bike it is really a weed wacker those things sound like I personally like to sound like a car.

NOAHS88accord
06-04-2002, 06:15 PM
i am NOT looking for performance out of this i am looking for appearance (yes i know wrong board then dumb ass) i am more into looks than performance anyways i just want a little bit of performance like header and 2.25" piping and stuff like that the rest is appearance for me

smufguy
06-05-2002, 08:45 AM
exactly, one of the main reasons i dont wanna go for the cherry bomb style single outlest mufflers is because, its soo overused. u see it everwhere u go. Not a lot of ppl have OEM type mufflers, but ppl are getting it. I know two guys (civc and a cavalier) with twip tip exhausts. I like the sound and i like the distinct looks of them. And also, u get a decent performance.

Inabj2
06-05-2002, 10:29 AM
So the exhaust that gives you the most performance is!??!?!

smufguy
06-05-2002, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes:

A20A1
06-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Areospeed bomb mufflers have the silencer/tunable insert... they are bullet syle... you can also get the N1 Apexi, most commonly found on turbo cars. Both the N1 and Bomb can come in a polished stainless steel look or you can have the bronze or black color. The N1 usually carries the higher price tag... but you can find both of the muffler cheap if you look around.