PDA

View Full Version : headlight problem PLEASE HELP FAST!!

tynebeach
05-12-2003, 11:40 AM
okay so my headlight's not working, but it gets alot more complicated.

The other day my headlight went out. I replaced it with a new headlight and it didn't help so then I looked at the fuses and my low beam fues was burned out. So I replaced that and it worked just fine. I also finally found a new fender indicator on that side so I replaced that also. About 5 hours later my headlight (the same one) went out again. I checked the fuse and it was fine but just for the hell of it I tried another one and it didn't help. So now it doesn't work and I need to drive to school at 5am and if I don't I have to bike to school at 4:30am. Please help!!!

infecto
05-12-2003, 01:39 PM
maybe check to make sure the headlight is not out, could have been a bad one.

tynebeach
05-12-2003, 03:55 PM
damn no that's not it both the light on that side and the extra one work on high beams but not low. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

wthramann
05-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Swap the headlights to confirm that the new headlight low beam filament is working. Is it possible the connection is not on all the way? Have you checked the voltage at the connection?

tynebeach
05-12-2003, 05:41 PM
how do you check the voltage on the connection? And yeah I'm sure it was completely connected.

MrBen
05-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Snapped wire? Check your wires. It's common for them to snap. Mine would work sometimes and other times not until it was fixed.

goldadition
05-12-2003, 07:17 PM
i had the same problem with my headlight but i found out it was shorted out so i took it to my local shop they found the short and replaced the wire. very cheap (good friend)

AccordEpicenter
05-12-2003, 07:46 PM
yeah the shorts are common. Look inside the headlight bucket and the wiring harness has a plastic clip that holds the wires in place and the wiring always breaks and frays right at the wire clip. Just take it out and peel apart the plastic loom there and youll know it if its broken. Id bet you anything thats it. Also, if one side is going, there is more than a good chance the other side is going bad too, so just get some crimp butt connectors and cut out the bad part of the wires and crimp them together. Also dont use the wire clip anymore, just take a piece of duct tape to hold the wires to the headlight bucket

tynebeach
05-14-2003, 03:49 AM
alright sweet thanks guys, I think I'll take a look at it and then take it to a shop.