PDA

View Full Version : tire shouldn't sit like / should it?

Immeraufdemhund
05-12-2003, 01:02 PM
yah, my drivers side back tire is no longer like | it is now like /.... I have no clue what's wrong with it, the tire is rubbing against the spring now so i can't drive it home. My friend was driving my car and he said he heard a sound like if my muffler was dragging on the ground so he pulled over "immediatly" and saw the tire. Gotta get the thing towed to my house and see what's up. I've heard 3 guys say it's the wheel bearing, but it hasn't been making any noises what so ever. grrr... oh well if it's not one things another....

AZmike
05-12-2003, 01:07 PM
It's hard to tell with just that information. After removing the wheel take a look at all the bushing and ball joints and the problem will be pretty obvious if you camber is off enough that the tire is rubbing the spring. Let us know what you find.

Immeraufdemhund
05-12-2003, 01:15 PM
yah sorry i dont have alot of information, all i could see while i was at this guys house was that my tire was sitting like /. i looked from the inside and didn't see much, but i'm trying to get the car towed over here and see what i can do. I tried to pull it straight, but it wouldn't move, either cause i'm not strong enough for it is bent... but those are just guesses.

88fasthatch
05-12-2003, 05:39 PM
How low is your car? and how did you lower it? did you put differant tires on it that might be too wide and be hitting the fender?:stick: :huh:

AZmike
05-12-2003, 11:20 PM
It wouldn't be that hard to use the jack in the trunk and remove the wheel at your friend's house and take a look. Maybe you can do the work there and save the towing cost.

ACCORD EX
05-13-2003, 12:15 AM
upper arm ?( balljoint )

MIKE

Immeraufdemhund
05-13-2003, 05:50 AM
ok, yahh it's the upper arm. I got it home today and looked at her. THe bolt on the very top broke....so i'm going to have some fun getting that htings changed... is there a better one that i can put on. and to the other lowering question, no everythign is stock, cept under the hood.

it appears to be the bolt on number 13 here:
Majestic honda (http://http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1987&catcgry3=3DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=REAR+KNUCKLE-BRAKE+DRUM)

Immeraufdemhund
05-13-2003, 08:50 AM
any suggestions??

86AccordLxi
05-13-2003, 09:22 AM
If you ever do want to lower your car in the future, i'd say get the 2nd gen prelude control arms (84-87) since they are adjustable for camber. However, if you have no plans for lowering, just stick with a stock replacement arm (or whicher is cheaper).

Alex

AZmike
05-13-2003, 12:52 PM
If you plan to get Prelude upper arms you'll still need a replacement bolt since you still use the Accord bolt with the Prelude arms.

Immeraufdemhund
05-13-2003, 05:17 PM
yah i went and got a new knuckle... i found out they are removable! I also got a heck of a deal at advance. They gave me 2 for the price of half of one!... or buy one get one free at 50% off. so that brightened up my day. i got it put on there and it works great. I might just go ahead and put the other one on their too just for security and peace of mind. thanx for the prelude idea. I might have to try that. Would those be good if i ran 15's in the future?

AZmike
05-15-2003, 12:41 AM
Prelude arms are good for camber correction for moderate lowering. Accord control arms would work fine for plus sized wheels at the stock ride height.

bambamky
05-15-2003, 02:21 PM
could be your arm check it over good if nit check the elbows!