PDA

View Full Version : New rotors!

cdscowboy
05-12-2003, 02:49 PM
I forgot just how nice it was to brake and not have the whole car pulsate...what a joy! I just got a standard set...cost like $45 at Baxter's. It wasn't a hard job, but I did end up having to drill out 1 of the 2 screws on the pass. side that hold the rotor on...stripped the damn thing!!

Only thing is, when I press the brakes now, it kinda pulls to the right. My friend told me they'll adjust once things get worn in. Is he right? Not really a huge pull, but noticable to me.

It's just so nice to be able to put the brakes on at 70 and not worry about my car vibrating to pieces!! :D

'A20A3'
05-12-2003, 03:42 PM
damn right man, i know how you feel. i had warped rotors too, but i just put my brembo rotors and AEM pads on.:werd:

cdscowboy
05-12-2003, 04:35 PM
nicely done man...i just don't have the money for really nice stuff, so I figured non-warped was quite a step up! :D

'A20A3'
05-12-2003, 05:05 PM
shit yeah. non-pulsating=bling-bling:pimp:

DBMaster
05-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Mine pulsate slightly. At 205,000 without ever having them resurfaced I consider that pretty good. I tried to remove them once and couldn't get the damn screws loose so I figured the mild pulsation needed to get a lot worse. Honestly, the screws are unnecessary. Once the lug nuts are tightened that rotor's going nowhere!

cdscowboy
05-12-2003, 08:07 PM
shit yeah. non-pulsating=bling-bling:pimp:

:werd:just call me the "Blingmaster" :lol god i'm a dork....

tried to remove them once and couldn't get the damn screws loose
Yeah, I had to drill one screw out of 3 (total) that were present. One came right out, and the 3rd I used an impact driver to get it out...worked pretty well. Definitely worth the effort and $45. :)

DBMaster
05-13-2003, 07:11 AM
Cowboy, is that the impact driver you whack with a hammer, or is it a power tool?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2003, 07:15 AM
Guys I 've convinced my g/f to pay for half of the parts I need to get for the Ontario meet and I'm getting EBC Sport Rotors and EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads. and everything else will be OEM replacement. (drums, shoes, sping kit for drums, cv shafts)

Check www.tirerack.com to look at the tight EBC products. For the rotors and pads shipped it's $225

cdscowboy
05-13-2003, 10:26 AM
DBMaster - Yes, you whack it with a hammer. I can't explain exactly how it works though...sorry. If you ask at a hardware store, I'm sure they'll show you what it is.

Mike - You're lucky to have a g/f that'll pay for your brakes!!! You owe her now!!! :)

crwa
05-13-2003, 10:36 AM
You should have gone with performance rotors... but I understand you didn;t want to pay 3 times what normal rotors were...

see ya at the meet.

mindlos
05-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Hey, if I get that really strong sandpaper for power tools at home depot do you figure I could tun my own rotors?? Yes, you can say its ghetto!

cdscowboy
05-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by crwa
You should have gone with performance rotors... but I understand you didn;t want to pay 3 times what normal rotors were...

see ya at the meet.

Yeah, I barely got by without overdrawing my bank as it was...my mom put in money in the nick of time!! :D And yes, I live off my mom...:lol Next time I'll get a complete better setup.

mindlos - I honestly wouldn't know, but it just sounds like a bad idea. Especially if your rotors are warped...sanding them's not gonna do shit!! I'd just get some new ones if you're doubting your current ones.

mindlos
05-13-2003, 11:58 AM
I dont think they are that bad but I do get vibration/pulsation when breaking from high speed but not in city driving.

crwa
05-13-2003, 12:33 PM
It's ok, I still live with my Mom too, its less then an a Condo...

cdscowboy
05-13-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I wasn't really getting too bad of pulsating in the city, but it kinda scared me on the freeway or above like 50mph. It still stopped, but it shuddered a lot!

I don't live with my mom, I just live OFF her :D