PDA

View Full Version : 2dr to 4dr conversion questions

Dizzo7693
05-12-2003, 08:00 PM
Okay here's the deal... I have a 86 Accord lx ( Carb. and also Auto.) that has just been converted over to a 88 lxi (Fuel injected and alson 5-speed).

88 lxi- 2dr pw/pl
86 lx- 4dr pw/pl

Here's the problem:

Pw or Pl don't work. has anyone done this conversion or have a wiring diagram of the wireharness. Driver window rolls down but all the other ones don't do SHIT!!! You have to manually unlock the door with your finger...too much work. I rather unlock it from my seat. Then to reach over. Thanks

Blue Impact
05-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Wait, so what exactly did you do? Sorry if I'm a little confused. If I under correctly, you converted your 86 LX to an 88 LXi coupe?

Tref_LXI
05-13-2003, 01:38 AM
LOL im so sorry, thats too fucking funny. Reminds me of the time i converted my bike into a 18 wheeler,, heh was a great ride but the alarm would not work right,, oh well.

xbi0s
05-13-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Tref_LXI
LOL im so sorry, thats too fucking funny. Reminds me of the time i converted my bike into a 18 wheeler,, heh was a great ride but the alarm would not work right,, oh well.

lmao... You asshole :)

Dizzo7693
05-13-2003, 06:07 AM
Yes the conversion is 86 lx to 88 lxi. Swap is already done. I just need to know what wires do I have to tap into to get my pw/pl working for all 4 doors. Also how important is the atmosphere pressure sensor? And where is it located? Code 13.

Haolerot
05-13-2003, 12:28 PM
wait wait.....this is all too confusing..... 86 lx 4dr auto-----88 lxi 2dr 5speed???? how the hell did ya do that.........and you are trying to make the 2dr a 4dr or wat????

88' Accord Ltd
05-13-2003, 01:33 PM
I think he still has a 4 door but he wants to set up the wiring to use the power door locks and power windows for the rest of the car because only the drivers window works. I THINK. :confused:

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-13-2003, 05:07 PM
Since your drivers window works, I'll forget the other windows for now, and stick to the locks. First, check fuse #2 in underhood fuse box (while you're there, check fuses #15, #16 & #18 too, for the PWs). Next, check that your power doorlock control unit is plugged in, it's under the pass seat, sorta towards the middle. The module closer to the shifter is fan module.
If those check out, the front locks should work.
Yeah, right! :rolleyes: Anyways, it's a start.

Grant2k
05-13-2003, 05:11 PM
i think you need to get an 86-87 wiring harness because the wiring harnesses for the 86-87 are totally different from the 88-89. all you should really use for that swap is the intake and exhause manifold.

Dizzo7693
05-13-2003, 09:30 PM
I have the original 86 lx wire harness laying around somewhere.
Also the door lock control unit is not connected because there is no plug for it on the 88 LXi. All that the 88 Lxi wire harness (On the passengers side underneath the seat) is a plug for this black box looking sensor (sn. start off TV-.....something like that) and a grey box looking sensor that has a #CD20 on it. So how would I tap in (the 88 lxi 2 door wire harness) for the back doors/windows to operate?

Also... could this be the problem or no...I have the fuse box (That's under the hood) from the 88 lxi
in the 86 lx. Are fuse boxes the same for these years?

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-14-2003, 03:06 PM
The grey box is the power doorlock control. If you have a multimeter, check for 12V to ground at the white wire.
Have no clue at all if the fuse boxes are different but maybe someone else does.
Here is the door lock part of the wiring diagram from my 88 Helm manual. It's over-simplified , but it might help.

Dizzo7693
05-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the diagram. By the way, would you (or anybody) happen to have the diagram for the 86 lx 4dr?

Thanks for everything guys. This forum has helped my knowledge alot.:D

blackknight
06-17-2003, 07:24 AM
Dizzo how did you get you door sensors to work right?, because
my friend did the same thing so your not alone in this.

Justin86
06-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Ok so you swaped the wiring harness out of a two door (with only power controls for TWO doors) into a FOUR door car. So you are missing the wiring for the power stuff to the rear doors. First off you are suppose to at least match the # of doors of the swap car to yours. Auto to maunal can be done but a little harder. You can hook up the power stuff for the rear but it is going to be complicated. I have never done it but it should be tough.
Study the four door wiring digram to see where the power stuff for the rear goes. Then you have to splice and cut all the wires you need to hook for the locks and windows and hope for the best.
It will help to use the power L/W harness off the four door to splice and cut. That way you will have the plug in connector to hook up at the rear doors. The front will probably have spliced and cut. Also after you get everything hooked up and running then go back and use butt connectors to attatch all the wires securely.