PDA

View Full Version : somebody help me go fast!!!!!!!

beez89se-i
05-12-2003, 08:04 PM
could somebody tell me what performance products are avaible for my 89 se-i like headers and cam gears intake and etc please help also i heard you could put a prelude tranny what year and what do i need. also is it even worth putting all this stuff in the car should i swap the engine for a integra motor?????

crwa
05-12-2003, 08:15 PM
What kind of Integra motor??? Do a B series motor or an H22, H22 has more power plus there easier to get then B series motors since they're in such high demand now, you could probably pick up the H22 for the same price if not less then a B series, it will cost a little more to have it installed, but it runs over 200 hp stock compared to 140-170 out of a teg motor, then you can do the bolt ons on the H22 since it has more available then an A20 motor, it has eventhing from intake to any internal you can think of...

My advice, if your gonna keep the car for a while then do a motor swap, but if not then just spend a few bucks on bolt ons for the stocj motor, cuz with a swap you won't get what you want for the car cuz the motor will be worth more then the rest of the car...

Later if I keep mine I'm gonna do an F23 sohc vtec motor with a new trans. and a turbo, but thats after I get a few sponsors under my belt, but I hope to have it done by next season since I'm now with Ruthless Motorsports with runs street rallys where you compete for points and sponsorships.

Justin86
05-12-2003, 09:26 PM
The easiest swap would be the earely B16's. The Tegs and Lude will cost around 5-7K to swap. The Civic B16 is only like 3k.

Sabz5150
05-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Depends if you feel like taking on the challenge of beefing up the A series engine. It's not easy, but definitely not something done anywhere near as often as your garden variety B series engine.

With a little looking you'll find performance parts. Here's a small list for ya

Intake: Weapon R, Spectre (requires some saw action)
Camshafts: Delta, Colt, Openloop
Headers: DC Sports, Pacesetter
Strut Bars: Ractive, DC Sports
Ignition: Accel, MSD
Cat Converters: Bomz, Pacesetter
Cat-Backs: Pacesetter
Rotors: Brembo, Powerslot
Pistons & Rods: Wiseco
Fuel Pressure Regulators: Vortech, AEM
Injectors: Venom, Accel
Flywheels: Fidanza, Openloop
Clutches: Centerforce, Unorthodox Racing, AEM
Lowering Springs: Sprint
Shocks: Tokio, Blitzen, Gabriel
Short Throw Shifters: Pacesetter, DC Sports
Bushings: Energy Suspension, Pacesetter

That's all I can think of right now. If anyone knows other manufacturers and parts, add to the list. It would be nice to have a running list of performance parts and their manufacturers for the 3geez. :)

xbi0s
05-13-2003, 06:01 AM
If you do an H22 swap your looking at spending some mad money...

I'd do a B20 swap from the Japenese version ;)

beez89se-i
05-13-2003, 05:21 PM
how much horsepower will i get with that list????

infecto
05-13-2003, 05:51 PM
Seems like this is everyones first question. Why don't you just get to know the car and the parts. Then do a little bit here and there unless of course you have like $10k to spend right away.

beez89se-i
05-13-2003, 07:52 PM
this is my second se-i so i know the car pretty well but why waste money on performance parts and the car still slow . like dude in in tegs and civic blowing by me !!!!!!

Sabz5150
05-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Start with the basic I/H/E setup. After that, get a cam that'll give you power where you want it. Grab a cam gear and adjust it to your liking. Find a bigger throttlebody and if you can get one, modify a B series intake manifold to fit your head. Raise your fuel pressure a tad to work with that extra breathing your engine can do. Get a stage 2 or 3 clutch and an aluminum flywheel, why not change your tranny since it's off the car at this point. After that, work on your internals. Throw on a big ol' huffer (ya lose your headers going turbo, but there's always supercharging) and some nawss. Guaranteed you'll be passing those Civics and Tegs at that point :D

myaccorddoes21
05-14-2003, 03:39 AM
Does 2 engine swaps sound great, but for my taste, they lack low end torque. Instead of putting I4's, why not concentrate on a bigger engine like a V6 accord? Be creative, don't put what every else does...

beez89se-i
05-14-2003, 06:30 PM
that was good advice by all of u i"ll come with a decsion. but i think i might just keep the se-i engine and work on that make something out of nothing. make the fuking thing go fast. cause those swap cost money and time. if i don"t like the performance of the engine then start to consider engine swap. thanks guys

Sean
05-14-2003, 07:02 PM
http://www.lamer.net/spitface.gif

blazin3gen
05-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by beez89se-i
this is my second se-i

damn dude 2nd! i cant even find one!

CARBurn
05-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Sabz5150
Depends if you feel like taking on the challenge of beefing up the A series engine. It's not easy, but definitely not something done anywhere near as often as your garden variety B series engine.

With a little looking you'll find performance parts. Here's a small list for ya

Intake: Weapon R, Spectre (requires some saw action)
Camshafts: Delta, Colt, Openloop
Headers: DC Sports, Pacesetter
Strut Bars: Ractive, DC Sports
Ignition: Accel, MSD
Cat Converters: Bomz, Pacesetter
Cat-Backs: Pacesetter
Rotors: Brembo, Powerslot
Pistons & Rods: Wiseco
Fuel Pressure Regulators: Vortech, AEM
Injectors: Venom, Accel
Flywheels: Fidanza, Openloop
Clutches: Centerforce, Unorthodox Racing, AEM
Lowering Springs: Sprint
Shocks: Tokio, Blitzen, Gabriel
Short Throw Shifters: Pacesetter, DC Sports
Bushings: Energy Suspension, Pacesetter

That's all I can think of right now. If anyone knows other manufacturers and parts, add to the list. It would be nice to have a running list of performance parts and their manufacturers for the 3geez. :)

May I add to the list:
Shocks section: Koni specials. I highly recommend them and they are tunable.
Springs: Eibach Proline or Sportline