PDA

View Full Version : Getting EBC Rotors and Pads!!!!

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Hey I'm getting the EBC Sport brakes and EBC Greenstuff pads from www.tirerack.com Everything else (drums, shoes, hardware, cv shafts) will be stock replacementsl.

What I'm wondering is how long will it take a shop to do this install? This one shop quoted me $250 for labor. ($60 or $65 an hour can't remember exactly but I'll find out for sure) I know I don't want to do the cv shafts for sure. But I might be able to do the brakes. The only problem is I don't have all the time to do it so I would still need to pay a friend some money to help me.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Heres the link with the EBC rotors and pads.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?category=Pads&scat=Pads&category=Rotors&scat=Rotors&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Accord+LX+Sedan&autoYear=1989&brand=all&perfcat=premium&perfcat=perf&x=94&y=8

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2003, 08:04 AM
I also just called the guy and asked him how much would it be for putting new belts in too. He said like 40 minutes. So the total time for putting all of this stuff in is 5 hours and 40 minutes. He charges $50 per hour. So it would be $283. And I asked about a flew pipe to be welded in and he said probably another hour to an hour and a half. I have a feeling I won't get the flex pipe welded there. Seems kinda long for such a little task. So if I got all the stuff done there labor would be $333 to $358 (that doesn't include parts either) So I'm going to seriously consider having a friend do this instead of this pro shop.