PDA

View Full Version : Signals???!!!!

rleyba
05-13-2003, 10:50 AM
hello people, the signal blinker on the cluster panel do not go on...neither do the lights on the outside..what is the problem..i hate driving without signals and it's dangerous too..thanks

SiR
05-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by rleyba
hello people, the signal blinker on the cluster panel do not go on...neither do the lights on the outside..what is the problem..i hate driving without signals and it's dangerous too..thanks

Sounds like your combination switch took a shit. Take it out and see if cleaning the contacts work. You might have to get another one, junkyard time!

crwa
05-13-2003, 10:53 AM
Check the fuses, or the relay is out, but it sounds like the fuse if nothing works...

Blue Impact
05-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Either the fuse or the combo switch. Most likely, I would say it's the fuse, unless you really know your combo switch is messed up.

DBMaster
05-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Just come to Dallas/Fort Worth. Nobody here ever uses their signals so you won't have to fix the car.

:)

Mike's89AccordLX
05-13-2003, 11:36 AM
:lol

It sure seems like that. Check the fuses and if they're ok then we'll help you through the job so you won't have to spend $200 for a new switch and $200 for labor from a shop. I did mine in a hour only knowing a little bit of what to do.

guaynabo89
05-14-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by DBMaster
Just come to Dallas/Fort Worth. Nobody here ever uses their signals so you won't have to fix the car.

:)

:lol

rleyba
05-14-2003, 07:05 AM
I checked the fuses and they are fine. Where is the combo switch located and how do i fix it..can i get some step by step instructions? by the way i have another accord i can get parts out of..thanks again.

SiR
05-14-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by rleyba
I checked the fuses and they are fine. Where is the combo switch located and how do i fix it..can i get some step by step instructions? by the way i have another accord i can get parts out of..thanks again.

Cool, you got another parts car. The Combo switch is the two levers for the headlights, turn signal, and wipers. Both levers are one assy. You have to take the wheel off, top and buttom covers on the steering colum. I never took the switch out, but it looks easy enough. The wheel comes out by prying out the "H" in the center, and take off the nut that hold the wheel to the shaft.

joker2
05-15-2003, 08:35 AM
Now here's where the hard part comes in but you'll be able to do it...... Before you remove the steering wheel, make sure your wheels are as straight as you can get them because you don't want to have to play with lining up your wheels with the steering wheel at the end of all of this....... Since the steering wheel and the covers are off by now and remember you MUST also take off the medium sized cover that's right under the steering column as well to expose all of the wires in that area, you should see 4 screws that hold on a cover for the combo switch....... Once the screws are out, look directly at the combo switch and you should see 2 screws that hold the combo switch in place but in order to get at them you're going to have to move each lever accordingly up or down......

Now, when you take these scews out don't take the combo switch off the steering column yet........ The combo switch has a harness with 3 connectors at the end, trace the harness down the steering column until you come to their ends....... It's going to be tight in there because of all of the other wires in that area but if you have small hands you should be ok..... Disconnect the 3 connectors, remove the harness and remove the combo switch from the steering column...... Installation of new combo switch is in reverse order...... I would recommend going to the salvage yard for this part because there you should get it for no more than $60......... Have fun, I know I did.........:lol

88LX-iSedan
05-17-2003, 03:28 AM
:wtf: ..There is nothing hard to replacing the combo switch, I done it myself so i know, It prolly didnt even take 5 or 10 mins. When i bought the switch from the junk yard along with both headlight housings, Side markers and hood it came up to just a bit over $200. ...I can't believe a shop would charge $200 just to install the switch, That's ridiculous!

joker2
05-18-2003, 08:30 AM
To a newbie, it won't be the easiest job in the world but to someone who is familiar with their car than, sure, it's not difficult....... And trust me, a newbie will take more than 5 to minutes to change a combo switch.......:rolleyes:

Blue Impact
05-18-2003, 11:12 PM
I bought my combo switch from a junkyard (Pick N Pull) for under $20 and took me roughly 20 minutes to take my old one out and replace it.