PDA

View Full Version : Georgia meet / Alabama/Tennessee/N.- S. Carolina

87AccordsterLx
05-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Ok we are trying to bring it together here. If you are anywhere close to North Georgia and you feel like making a trip over here it will definitely be worth it. We have a bunch of local 3geezers and tons of cool spots to kick it. The town that I live in is a HUGE import racing town so I thought that we could hang out during the day and if you live close enough then you can stay later and hit the strip around 10-11pm. If it turns out that there is a more central spot then we will switch locations. This is the draft thread created to see just where you guys are located. Kennesaw is about 45 min north of Atlanta. If you are interested in this meet please reply with your location and approximately what date would work best for you. We'll go from there.

88accordlxcarb
05-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Sometime in June(not the first week) is fine for me....

If parents let me go(hahah)

87AccordsterLx
05-15-2003, 10:32 AM
where are you guys? come one now... tightwhite? Jay? Damn you guys need to check the meet section more often. :)

dhcarss
05-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Let me know what you come up with on a date.. Im pretty much down for any thing... some stuff going on towards the end of the month but other than that im good. :smokin:

87AccordsterLx
05-15-2003, 06:24 PM
sounds good man, keep checking in on this thread... :)

Chrome_thangs
05-16-2003, 07:00 AM
I'm in! It's warm and my car's exterior is done:super:

agelder
05-16-2003, 07:49 AM
What strip do you guys go to? I don't know of any good drag strips on the northwest side of town, if there is... I've found a new weekend passtime.

i.c.
05-17-2003, 10:25 AM
ehhh.....gotta wait till i get my full licence...(17)

88accordlxcarb
05-17-2003, 01:48 PM
How come you can get your C licence at 17? I thought we had to wait until we were 18?

i.c.
05-18-2003, 01:50 PM
no, not here, you get your restricted (6am to 8pm) till your 17 when you have no restrictions...

dhcarss
05-20-2003, 12:42 PM
:wtf: that sucks.

88accordlxcarb
05-20-2003, 03:44 PM
That sucks. I do not like living in Georga. :(

Immeraufdemhund
05-20-2003, 07:16 PM
i live in Knoxville TN. I"d like to go, but i'll be in Montana the first 2 weeks in June. (june 4-11) I'd have to get directions though if it's possible.

87AccordsterLx
05-21-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Immeraufdemhund
i live in Knoxville TN. I"d like to go, but i'll be in Montana the first 2 weeks in June. (june 4-11) I'd have to get directions though if it's possible.

Sounds good... it shouldnt be that bad of a drive for you. I drive to Lafayette, Louisiana quite often. :) 10 hour drive!!!

87AccordsterLx
05-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Anyone else interested in this meet? I need to know where the majority of the people will be coming from.

infecto
05-26-2003, 05:51 PM
I don't know if I will be coming but I live in Summerville, SC.

89accord_lxi_coupe
05-28-2003, 04:29 PM
it's questionable for me, but i live just south of knoxville, TN. if this is done in june i probably couldn't make it. keep us posted on what you come up with.

3rdGenFanatic
05-28-2003, 08:42 PM
:wave: I'm down here in Birmingham. I wouldn't mind making the drive and grabbing a room for the night maybe to rest up before I head home. It would be awsome to roll up with like 20-30 3geez. None of the 3rd gen drivers around here (aside from dhcarss) are really into doing some work on their rides. I'm all for it though sometime in late June early July. That would give plenty of time for tuning, cleaning, adding a little of this and that. Not to mention giving me something to work toward. Good central location! Sounds like a good plan as well. Keep us updated! :flash:

dhcarss
05-29-2003, 08:15 AM
whats up 3rdgenfanatic, havent seen you down at the street races lately, I dont know if you have heard about the midnight maddness thing that has started at lassiter mountain dragway, starts at 11pm on sat, till whenever, I was there until 3 am last sat and there was a pretty good turnout, I my self ran like 7 or 8 times. Lassiter Mountain is about 5 to 10 min north of birmingham, not to far, and no cops to worry about..

MoonScryer
06-07-2003, 10:34 AM
Hi kiddies...
No, I won't be making the meet, school is killing me and I start work soon, but thought I would drop this into the mix. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to actually meeting people again. :D

Chrome_thangs
06-07-2003, 11:53 PM
:super: i'm in

87AccordsterLx
06-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Ok, so far it looks like we have 6 or 7 people. Jay, too bad you won't be able to make it. I'll set the date soon and if you can get away for a little while then hopefully we will see you there. I am going to map out everyone’s location and find a central location. If you don't have your location posted in the USER CP could you please do so. :) I still haven’t heard from a couple people so this thread will stay open for another week or so. Then I will start the planning. I was hoping to find somewhere that we could all just chill out and BBQ or something, then cruze around later on. How does that sound to everyone? BBQ, Cars, and maybe some girls? Hmm... life doesn’t get much better.

87AccordsterLx
06-08-2003, 09:54 AM
Ok this is the list of "maybes" so far. Agelder, did you think you could make it? I remember you saying that you were going to sell your car? You are welcome to come regardless. :) As soon as David replies I'll add his name to the list. If you are on this list and you don't think that the end of June/ early July would work out please let me know. Thanks.

88accordlxcarb
dhcarss
Chrome_thangs
agelder
Immeraufdemhund
infecto
89accord_lxi_coupe
3rdGenFanatic

88accordlxcarb
06-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Try to get the date ASAP. I will be on and off for the next few weeks. If i am here i will be happy to come.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-06-2003, 10:46 PM
?

tightwhitelx
07-07-2003, 05:47 PM
hey guys im in but i have to know in advance so i can take off work me and chrome thangs will probably ride up together since he lives in columbus but i live in jonesboro ga. so let me know a time and a date.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-07-2003, 11:20 PM
I have decide on the name of the club that me, brian, nate, and zach have made. I am thinking of "Diverse Beggings" if anyone wants to join or want to know anything about the club give me a call at 678 794 2543cell David. We are just 3rd gen Accords and I already have one sponser for us. I am trying ot expand this club much as I can. I am looking for a meet sometime in the begging of next month. If anyone wants to show up give me a call and I will add you to the list.

89accord_lxi_coupe
07-08-2003, 04:12 PM
next month? as in august? hmmm, depending on where the meet will be and my finances i would like to be there. right now i've got mad work to do on the car. new valve cover gasket, new fuel filter, flush radiator and change the transmission fluid. if i get the filter, gasket and fluid through the dealership i visited today, it was sweet by the way. West Side Honda for those who know knoxville. getting that stuff through them will cost me just under 50 bucks. that's really good, IMO. i will do the work myself of course. well anyway, i'm still a maybe.

agelder
07-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLx
Ok this is the list of "maybes" so far. Agelder, did you think you could make it? I remember you saying that you were going to sell your car? You are welcome to come regardless. :)

Depends on when and where. I have 3 friends to move and a wedding to hit in July/August, not sure what weekends yet though.

tightwhitelx
07-13-2003, 06:53 AM
lets get this thing organized early because me and jay did the last one and it was supposed to be like 10 ppl but ppl started backing out lets get a definate time and date so ppl can get off work if they have too or get money together whatever we need to do as you can see its almost august now so lets get moving i am available any time in august as long as its a weekend.

Chrome_thangs
07-13-2003, 06:42 PM
I agree!

89accord_lxi_coupe
07-14-2003, 07:24 AM
SET THE DATE! that way i got something to shoot for and check my schedule around. i gotta get ramps and parts so i can get the work done. i also gotta get some help doin it, it would go quicker that way.

MoonScryer
07-15-2003, 06:10 PM
erm, bump, for lack of something else to do for the five minutes I'm not doing homework :p

tightwhitelx
07-17-2003, 07:08 PM
dude are you going to set the date or not if not then ill just meet up with chrome thangs. its almost aug. now!!!

MoonScryer
07-19-2003, 07:44 PM
Blah bump, set something.

89accord_lxi_coupe
07-21-2003, 07:23 AM
i just found out, we are going to florida in aug. to see my grandparents. dude, i would love if there was some way for me to me the guys in florida while i was there. don't ask me what dates we'll be down there, because i haven't the foggiest idea.

tightwhitelx
07-21-2003, 03:33 PM
man not to be rude or anything but why did you even make this thread if you werent going to come through with it this makes it really hard for us when we really set up a meet.

hondamanlxi
07-27-2003, 04:43 PM
i live in north alabama. I got vacation aug 24-31! LET ME KNOW! IM/email ME!

87AccordsterLx
07-27-2003, 08:18 PM
woah... relax guys... I had to leave town for a family reunion and I haven't been able to get online... Work is really tying me up also. How does middle of August sound for everyone? If the middle of Aug. is cool then I will go from there. If I don't get enough replies for this meet then it will be put off. We need at least 7-8 people to make this worth it. Please post if you are available for the middle of August... the weekends would be the 16th and the 23rd. If you guys need more time then we can extend it to the last week of Aug. if necessary.

87AccordsterLx
07-27-2003, 08:20 PM
Hondamanlxi, if the majority of the people don't mind waiting untill the last week of Aug, then we can make the meet on the 30th. :)

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-28-2003, 09:06 AM
I say on the 29th of august casue that will be a Friday night so we can call go on Barrett and line it up!

agelder
07-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Sounds good to me

87AccordsterLx
07-28-2003, 03:05 PM
Whats wrong with Sat. night? Barret is just as packed on Sat. That way people that have a long drive won't have to ditch work and imediately start driving here... If more people like Fri. then thats cool... this is based around the amount of people that can show up. Does everyone like the weekend of the 30th? Fri. or Sat?

slink
07-28-2003, 05:45 PM
where is barret

tightwhitelx
07-28-2003, 07:28 PM
yeah i think i am going to need directions i live in jonesboro and that sounds like its quite a drive but i hope to have my weber installed by the 30th so that sounds good to me i will talk to moonscryer and see if he can make it too and one more guy i met while at home depot whos name is alex pm or email chrome thangs too he lives in columbus you should try to email everyone who has replied to any of these pages to tell them the update of this thread thats what me and jay did last year just some ideas from someone who has done it before ok. but i will definately try to make it

c20v6turbo3rdgen
07-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Barrett Parkway is a place where we all Tunners go to and hang out and talk to other people and see some fine girls down here! We can just make it on the last Sat. of the month.....That will be fine...I am about to park my car until I get a rebuild but I will bring it out for the meet....

MoonScryer
07-29-2003, 07:23 PM
barrett is ok, but I prefer the race track in Commerce. $10 to watch, $15 to race all night. Nice mix of domestics and imports, many turbo and nitroused cars. Plus the benefit of not having to outrun the cops.
Also, I can't make it that far on a Saturday, as I may actually be working on it (I hope!!). I'll let y'all know.

agelder
07-30-2003, 04:49 AM
Where is it in commerce?

dhcarss
07-30-2003, 12:51 PM
The track sounds cool, what days are you talking about?

87AccordsterLx
07-31-2003, 06:52 AM
The only reason we were thinking Barret was because you can see a vast variety of cars. There are more places to hang out on Barret Pkwy, and best of all, it’s free. :D Either way is fine with me I just want people to have fun while they are over here.

BTW, we definitely won't be racing on Barret, just cruzing around... There are a lot of cute girls with nice cars and so on. I can't imagine how much respect our 3rd gens would get if we cruzed around with 8 or 9 cars. Just an idea though... keep em' coming.

edit*

The date is (Un-officially) set for the 30th of Aug.

tightwhitelx
07-31-2003, 08:28 PM
yeah just cruzing around sounds good for me can i get some directions on how to get to barret from jonesboro

agelder
08-01-2003, 05:21 AM
It's off of I75 on the NW side of town. Right after the I75 & I575 split. Just get to 75, go north.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
08-02-2003, 07:17 PM
I just wanna have a good time and show all the a holes out here that there are true old school tuners....

agelder
08-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Old school tuners... like ones who know something about cars? :D (bump as a reminder)

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-23-2003, 06:03 AM
so you guys have set it for Aug. 29 huh? well i get to start back to class Mon. 25, which is in two days. this means i'm out for a meet. sorry, can't miss the beginning of classes. well, technically i only have one class early fri. mornings. then there is the problem of car is in the shop, and i don't have the money for a meet. i hope you guys will take pics and send me some, have a good time.

hondamanlxi
08-23-2003, 08:25 AM
somebody IM me and let me know where yall are meeting! I have vaction untill the 31st

87AccordsterLx
08-24-2003, 11:23 AM
Sorry I haven't been able to check in for a while... we are going to do this on the 30th. Those of you that can make it to Kennesaw on the 30th please respond. It is exit # 269 Barret Parkway which is north of I-20 and I-285. I’m thinking it should be later on in the evening that way we can check out the cars that show up around 10-11pm. Those of you that have a long drive please let me know so we can change the times so you aren't driving home to late. I'll have the final plans on wed. or thurs. It all depends on who is coming, and where you are coming from. Please post with your 411.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
08-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Nate, are you ever going to call me? 678 794 2543
Can I show up even though I have a Prelude

87AccordsterLx
08-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Haha, ya man you can definitely show up. I've been really buisy lately so I haven't had time to do anything. Once everything calms down I'll give you a call and we'll hang out. How's everything going?

BTW, if I don't get at least 4 replies by thurs. this meet will be postponed.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
08-27-2003, 07:14 AM
ok, Jerry, Derick , and Josh (Jerry's cousin) got into a car wreck going 80 in a 25 curve, Josh was driving. Jerry and Derick got life lited out of there. Jerry has a broken fimor (can't spell it and don't really care) and a couple of small bones inside of his back. Derick has a broken fimor, leg, eye socket, a slice half way off finger, colasped lung, and a sore back. Josh only has a sprang ankle and he was the driver. Jerry was in the back seat without a seat belt and Derick was in the front seat with a seat belt and they found jerry in the front windshield with his upper body out the windshield and his legs on Derick. I got pics of the whole thing...They hit 5 trees and I think that is what saved them casue if they hit a tree dead on they would have died. They hit the last tree so hard the it shook the base and then it went up to the middle where it was weak I guess and it broke the tree in half in the road, That was the only way that they found them cause the cop got out to check out why the tree was in the road and he heard Jerry screaming in the car....... I have pieces of the of the rims when the broke apart.....I will show you or just get pics of it and post them....Nate, if I send you some pics of my lude could you host them? Give me a call Damn it! I am tired of waiting. You could just give me your number in my email.... [email protected]

Chrome_thangs
09-08-2003, 02:31 PM
What's up?!? we need to get together on this.

carlessNcareless
09-09-2003, 05:43 AM
indeed.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-09-2003, 09:05 AM
something tells me it got postponed indefinetely. i'm in school and have classes all week, so if you guys do it again i can try to go. not sure though.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
09-11-2003, 08:10 PM
you people are lame, You say that you wanna go and "try" to go but when you have a freaking month to plan it and call out of work or what ever that you are doing that day/night you all punk out....I am sorry but I am glad that I bought a Prelude....The web site that I am ( www.preludeperformance.com and www.teaminterlude.com )on there are people wanting to drive down from South Carolina to come to Georgia to have a cook out with the whole site and club for the site. I don't know what to tell you people. I think that you all need to try some more. Nate (87accordsterlx) tried to get this thing together but you all (those who that backed out and couldn't go) are stupid and can't think ahead of time. We tried to get a club going...and a meet going on down here but everyone has no passion or care for it and you say that you are going to meet up but at the last momment something comes up.....Another thing is the HOW LONG HAS THIS BOARD FOR THIS MEET BEEN GOING ON AND NOTHING HAS HAPENED YET? This is pretty freaking lame though that you all talk it but nothing happends...Just give it up.....the only person that I know on this board that gives a crap and tries to get things going in this area is Nate (87accordsterlx) Big props to him.... bye

Vinny
09-12-2003, 05:22 AM
Ok not to be a dick but............ tooldes, see ya, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya, run along and play with the prelude boys, and .........thanks for the opinion. As far as some of us and work goes, my Florida trip was last minute, I work M-F so a weekend getaway for me NORMALLY doesn't mess with my schedule. I've been waiting on a green light for this trip for 3 mths now so yeah OK I backed I'm stupid. Some people have things that come up but no reason to go penial on them for it

MoonScryer
09-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Some people have lives beyond our cars. Some of us also have school, and drive the 180 mile round trip everyday of the work week to get there.
When you get older, and get real, you will understand.

87AccordsterLx
09-14-2003, 08:23 PM
Im not worried about it... we tried and it didn't work out. We'll just keep trying until we can get a decient amount of people to show up. Jay, I really want to meet you man... we have come close to meeting but it never works out. Hopefully you can make it once this meet is orginized. I know you have a lot of shit going going on, as do I. With that said, I can't wait to meet all of you... I think it's great how our hobbies can bring us together... Anyways enough of the bullshit babbleing... when should we have this meet? :flip:

Vinny
09-15-2003, 06:23 AM
My weekends should start to open up a lil bit in the next few weeks. Benn hella swamped trying to get this and that fixed on the car and its been a fix one thing find 3 more things in the process. I'd thought about meeting up with Jay on a weekend when I run up to Atlanta to check out the salvage yards but I dunno when I'm doin that one. OK I'll leave it upto you guys

c20v6turbo3rdgen
09-23-2003, 09:38 AM
HAHA.....Lame....Is all that you got Vinny? I am just pissed cause everyone told me a Nate (accordsterlx) that they wanted to meet but then when we give them a month notice (may be longer far as I remember) everyone says that wanna back down cause they didn't have the notice or something came up like work. Let me think for a second though, wouldn't a month notice be long enoughe or do we have to give a year notice for all the intellectual declined people how can't figure things out in their head........If I spelled anything wrong I don't really care...

Vinny
09-23-2003, 09:49 AM
Sometimes things just come up, jobs to most of us are more inpoartant than meets. I've already me a few people from the site, drove to Gainseville to do it. I'm more than willing to run to Atlanta, just during the time NOPI was going I had a last minute Business trip to Pensacola, again my job is more important than a meet, sorry but thats just life. As far as lame, sorry if having a good job, a wife, and 3 kids make me lame, but as I said my family and my job come first. I think they call it resonsibility, maybe I'm wrong.

I can see why you'd get miffed if everyone said yeah I'll be there and then cancelled out and yes you're right a month is plenty of time. I hopped up and went to meet Sean and John in a days notice, and Seans notice was about 4 hrs. However my schedule was pretty open that day. Like I said I goto Atlanta quite often and have talked to Jay and Nathan about meeting so we'll just see if it works out. If not then oh well I understand