PDA

View Full Version : how can i take off a fender? help plz

XXFearThisXX
05-14-2003, 02:51 AM
i dont know how to take off the right fender u know when u sit inside of the car the right one anyways i might be getting a fender from the junk yard soon to replace it with and my friend told me theres a few that are the same color that would have one so im gonna go grab one and take off the old and put on the new BUT i need INFO on how to take a fender off on the 3Gee like what tools are needed/how many bolts/screws i guess/how hard is it and could or would i be able to do it myself with out getting my hand chopped off or squished :mad: :rant: :( any info to this well be greatly appreciated:) ;) :D thanx...

greekguy7
05-14-2003, 04:24 AM
I replaced mine a couple years ago... its pretty simple... only needed basic hand tools like a wrench, maybe an extension and a couple metric sockets.... not sure if they were like 10mm or 12mm.

Just make sure you remove ALL the screws when trying to remove it... I think there may be one hidden and you have to open the door to get to it... cant recall, but just use common sense. There might have also been one behind the front side marker lens too.

Blue Impact
05-14-2003, 08:53 AM
I'm not too sure whether you're gonna need 10mm or 12mm sockets. Anyhow, since you're gonna go pick one up from the junkyard, you might as well go and try it there (if you can). I think there are like 3-4 screws holding the top and one where you have to open the door to do it. It's located at the bottom. I'm not sure if there are any behind the sidemarker. I hope this info helps you a bit. Good luck.

HostileJava
05-14-2003, 11:02 AM
Once you have the one from the junkyard you can see exactly where each bolt goes into it and where you'll have to get to, take it off. Just look for the bolt holes in the one from the junkyard.

wprocomp
05-14-2003, 01:32 PM
there should be two inside by the door,three under the hood and two in te wheelwell and a bunch of push-in clips too in the wheelwell,you will have get new clips too,and they are exspensive too,about $4 for six,you can save them if you are careful......10mm for the bolts.

XXFearThisXX
05-14-2003, 11:50 PM
thanx alot guys :) :D ;) i imagine they will charge me like 50-80 bucks for a fender in good shape from the wreck yard considering there a little cheezzzyyy bummy ass think there know it alls when they dont even reconize a dash

Blue Impact
05-15-2003, 12:43 AM
$50-$80 is a lot, but I guess location can play a role too. I'm saying it's a lot cuz one of my buddies got fenders for his 93 Civic for $35 a piece.