PDA

View Full Version : Fixed PS leak.

DR.ZED
05-14-2003, 03:50 AM
From what I diagnosed early, it appeared the PS was leaking from the control block to where it bolts to the rack.

I picked up a new seal that seals this block to the rack. After taking off two bolts and pulling this unit down, it appeared there was gasket material between the two.

Honda doesn't have any record or show this gasket at all.

I replaced the large seal, inspected the two small port seals, and ran a bead of RTV around the control block.

Bolted it back up, not expecting the leak to be fixed, as I could never get the two units completely dry of PS fluid.

However, it did work! :super:

No PS is a pain in the city. Good for track racing mind you... :D

89LXcoupe
05-14-2003, 03:09 PM
I went down to Honda today to try and pick up the part and had no luck. Did you pick yours up at a parts store.....do you have part numbers??? I called a parts store here called Lordco and they weren't very helpful; what should I ask for? Thanks for your help!!

DR.ZED
05-15-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by 89LXcoupe
I went down to Honda today to try and pick up the part and had no luck. Did you pick yours up at a parts store.....do you have part numbers??? I called a parts store here called Lordco and they weren't very helpful; what should I ask for? Thanks for your help!!

What part?

This gasket I had to make out of RTV.... Honda doesn't list it.

It is there though!

89LXcoupe
05-15-2003, 09:26 AM
I see, but what about the seals you mentioned in the first post? You said you replaced the large seal and ran a bead of RTV....sorry to be so picky, just want to minimize the time with power steering fluid all over me. Thanks again