PDA

View Full Version : ram air turbo manifold

ryer_s
05-14-2003, 10:32 PM
just got done looking at my car and i decided how i want my friend to build the manifold. get a civic raditor and mount it. that manifold doesnt even come close to the header. so when he build my manifold im going to have him turn the turbo flange were the intake is facing the bumper. just have to make sure the manifold drops low enough so there isnt so much of a angle on the turbo to clear the exhaust. but i was listening to my friends turbo and the turbo muffles the exhaust enough to were its quite enough not to get pulled over. so screw an exahust. saves money of having one built and that will never be as less restrictive as an open turbo. now i have the inlet facing the air and i get to keep a/c.

2old_honda
05-14-2003, 11:00 PM
:cool: open down pipes really are not that loud on turbo cars. they do seem loud inside the car tho, they kind of shake everything inside.

1988starter
05-15-2003, 05:11 AM
Borla makes some nice and quiet hi HP mufflers

bobafett
05-15-2003, 06:43 AM
reminds me of "cheesefrog's" civic... it almost outran a viper. :) but at thr forums i found the video at, they also had pics of the car, and it had the stock civic dx muffler in place, but was running open downpipe! :) yum yum