PDA

View Full Version : mono or 2 channnel for tens?

nebztal82
05-15-2003, 02:59 PM
I just bought two ten inch subs and i'm not sure what channel amp to get any sugestions?

shepherd79
05-16-2003, 03:18 AM
eather one would do just fine.
you will have to bringe the 2channel amp.

86hatchbackLXi
05-16-2003, 01:41 PM
it all depends on how you plan to wire them impedance wise. if they are 4 ohm voice coils you could run the 2 in series and run them at 2 ohms. then either amp will work. you will just have to bridge the 2 channel amp. from my experience mono sub amps are very expensive for the power the provide, so i would go with the 2 channel

goldyaccord
05-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by 86hatchbackLXi
it all depends on how you plan to wire them impedance wise. if they are 4 ohm voice coils you could run the 2 in series and run them at 2 ohms. then either amp will work. you will just have to bridge the 2 channel amp. from my experience mono sub amps are very expensive for the power the provide, so i would go with the 2 channel

Actually I think it's the other way around.

Mono amps are cheaper Watt for watt. However, If you want extreme clairity, two channel amps are better. Thus is why everyone says Mono amps are best suited for Subs than Door components. Also, Mono blocks have a better stability when goin down in Ohms.

shepherd79
05-17-2003, 04:22 PM
I like mono amps better for the subs.

HostileJava
05-18-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by 86hatchbackLXi

Actually if you run them in series your going to get 8 Ohms, you need to run them in parallel to get less resistance.

86hatchbackLXi
05-20-2003, 01:53 PM
thanks to hostilejava i stand corrected, i knew i should have reviewed my post before clicking the button, whoops

series=more impedance
parallel=less

goldyaccord
05-20-2003, 04:18 PM
Yep.