PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control?

89accordtre
06-04-2002, 12:07 PM
My cruise control is shot. Does anyone out there know how to take it out. Its just takin up space and weigh'n me down.

carotman
06-04-2002, 02:17 PM
remove the screws that hold it in place

89accordtre
06-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Is it like right behind the switch and up a little cause other than that i have no clue to where it is

s0crates82
06-07-2002, 01:10 AM
nah, this isn't like a mid nineties corolla....

our cruise units are under the hood, in the engine bay, on the driver's side. it's a drum about half the size of a bowling ball, with a cable coming out of it. it's sitting on top of the fenderwell, near all of the A/C equipment, next to the power steering fluid reservoir which has a white cylinder and a red cap

just to be sure,

when you say it's shot, you mean you've driven on the freeway, pushed the button on the dash so the green light goes on, then pressed the "set" button on the steering wheel(the bottom one of the two)..... and nothing happened? no green light on the dash? no speed equalizing after one-two seconds?

ok... just checking.

smufguy
06-07-2002, 11:09 AM
are you talking about your whole cruise unit is shot or just the switch on the dash. If it sjust the swich just open the fuse cover/coin tray and push the cruise switch out from the back and put another cruise switch back in.

if the whole system is shot. what u gotta do is. unbolt all the screws/bolts that hold the unit on the engine bay and lift it. see where the cable goes to the firewall and turn it 90 degrees counter clockwise and pull it out (but it wont come out).

go under the dash and u will where the cruise cable is attacted. move the cable 90 degrees up towards the sky and with yoru other hand, push the retraining ball out. and your cable is out. patch the hole in the fire wall with a duck tape or somethin and ur all set. Oh yeah, unclip the connectors on the cruise unit. :D

89accordtre
06-08-2002, 01:48 PM
The deal with my cruise control is ........im driving down the highway, i push the cruise control button.....the light next to the button does come on.....but when i push the set button on my steering wheel ...the light on my dash unit does come on...but my car just doesnt respond to it.

And Thanks for all the help with telling me how to remove it. Its out of there!!!!:super: :super: :super: :super:

smufguy
06-09-2002, 08:29 AM
i am planning not to put my cruise control back on. I might, but i might not. if u really want a curise control, i could give it to you.