PDA

View Full Version : Wierd smell coming from vents

Coitis1
05-15-2003, 06:11 PM
I have this wierd smell coming from my vents when i run the fresh air. i don't have my A/C charged, so this has absolutely nothing to do w/ that. anyways, a couple days ago i left my windows cracked during school so my car wouldn't get hot, and w/ the wierdass weather we have here, it went from sunny and bright to cloudy and dark in not long at all. I never had time to run outside to roll my windows up, so the edge of the seats(by the windows) got wet, and i'm afraid that water got into the vents closest to the doors. Thats what it kinda smells like. It really pisses me off b/c it smells bad now and it used to have a really nice smell when i ran the fresh air. Is there any way to fix this, like spraying something in the vents? thanks

'A20A3'
05-15-2003, 07:26 PM
it's probably mold or mildew in your vents. ok, try this. pop your hood, and behind you engine up top, like at the bottom of the windshield except under the hood, spray lysol into the plastic grating from the left end to the right, with the car running, and the fan on high and fresh air. you might wanna roll your windows down too so that the lysol scent doesn't saturate your seats. if i were you i'd use the whole can too, and then drive around with the fan still on high to clean out the rest of everything in the system.

hope this helps:bow:

87AccordsterLx
05-15-2003, 07:32 PM
The more of that stuff you spray the more it sticks to the insides of the vents and so on. Its ok to use a little but you dont want to create a sticky mess inside your a/c system. Dirt is bound to layer up and you will be even worse off. They have the lysol disinfectant stuff that works pretty good. Spray a little then let it dry out... keep doing it until you get it how you want it.

Coitis1
05-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Its wierd, now it doesn't smell, but i coulda sworn it did the other day. I'll try the lysol thing the next time it comes back. Thanks.

MrBen
05-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Advice... when done with AC, always turn off, and blow on high with VENT so mildew doesnt form.

POS carb
05-19-2003, 04:06 PM
ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR HEATER CORE ISN'T LEAKING