PDA

View Full Version : annoying brake question, and another to save space

Immeraufdemhund
05-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Ok grooved rotors. I'm thinking of either replacing or turning, just have to wait for next pay check. First off would i have to get new pads too because of the grooves or will the new rotors fix the pads? Cause I got new pads a little bit ago when i replaced my calipers (and yes i forgot to turn or replace my rotors). What would you guys suggest.

and second. When it's either cold out, or rainy or both and i start my car up cold. The car acts really strange when i drive it. I start it up and let it sit for about 15 seconds let it get it's mind into place (i know it probably doesn't need it, it's just something i do when it's cold). Then i take off. I put her in reverse and go it hesitates a little bit but not terrible. When i get onto the high way i shift at about 3.5/4k when it's cold untill my engine warms up. The First time that i try that the car like dies.. just looses all power and sometimes throughs me forward a little bit then takes off. It only does that from 1 to 2. but now when i go 2-3 it doesn't do it, nor does it do it again if i stopped and started again. It just takes that first time. I just changed the oil about 1k ago. I gave it the accel super stock coil, accel 8/9 mm performance (can't remember which) wires, bosch platinum4 plugs, new cap and rotor, new fuel filter. I also put on one of the small air filters for my valve cover and i cleaned out my cai. I'm clueless as to what is wrong with it now. Could it be the start of a bad distributor? or what could my problem be.

sorry if my post is confusing, but that's what happens with a confused person....Thanx all.

ACCORD EX
05-15-2003, 11:56 PM
that's exactly what happened to me 2 days ago ! i really didn't pay attention ! it goes after 5 minuter of driving ! it happened to me for 2 days then stopped ! :wierd:

MIKE

wthramann
05-16-2003, 05:41 AM
I'm too confused by second issue but I will give my opinion on first. Ideally one would change the pads but practically speaking just change the rotors not the pads and break them in gently for the first 200 Km. That is what I am doing. I had 9 mm of useful pad life left so I just changed the rotors and I am very pleased with the improvement. The Brembro rotors are great!

Immeraufdemhund
05-16-2003, 06:57 AM
were can a person get brembo? cool so i'm not the only problem. Is this only affecting us injected peeps, or does carb have this problem too?

wthramann
05-16-2003, 08:57 AM
I got two from http://www.all-oem-auto-parts.com/ for $76. My rotors were actually not grooved but worn thinner than spec (19mm) and I had this terrible shudder in the steering wheel with any braking.

ACCORD EX
05-16-2003, 11:44 AM
i have carb !

MIKE

89LXcoupe
05-16-2003, 12:57 PM
I just put brembo rotors on my car yesterday and didn't replace the pads. I got mine from the Tirerack for $29 each.

wthramann
05-16-2003, 01:07 PM
Fuel injected version discs are more expensive but that is a great price!

Immeraufdemhund
05-17-2003, 09:25 AM
Mike, oh i thought you had efi cause of the ex.... hmmm shoulda guessed because it's not Ex-I. hmm.. that is very strange. Does anyone with the B series swaps have this problem?

and i found brembo at Nopionline.com for cheaper than 76 for both. But i'll probably get those then. thanx guys.

ACCORD EX
05-17-2003, 12:44 PM
does it still happen ! ?

MIKE

95AccordEXR
05-18-2003, 03:26 AM
replace the rotors. no question. As for the pads, if the surface of the pads is messed up by the rotors, sand the surface flat again (preferable with a sanding wheel or belt sander etc... Be sure to wear a mask tho... do not inhale the dust.