PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Fast Idle valve

enkeisroller
05-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Ok, I have it pulled off of the car and people have been telling me to spary it with carb cleaner but where do i spray it in at. The top area were the plate came off of, or one of the two side wholes that bolts up to the intake. PLease let me know Thanks Rich

AccordEpicenter
05-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Ok... DONT spray the fast idle valve with carb cleaner, it makes the seals swell. If you need to, take the top 2 screws that hold the metal plate over the top of the valve, then take a screwdriver and carefully back the black ring out COUNTING how many turns you took it with, then spray the black ring with carb cleaner and make sure the little thing that presses into the black ring when it is together is clean so it makes a good seal when it is pressed into the black ring when the valve closes. Then you should be set, put it back together the exact # of turns you had taken it out. If that doesnt fix it, get another, i might have one

enkeisroller
05-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Thanks all take alook and get back to you but i do not remember ever seeing a screw under the lid with the two screws i took off. BRB. Thanks RIch

anchovies
05-17-2003, 12:58 AM
carb cleaner makes the seals swell...hmmmm
why so? But good thinking...i guess i might have given bad advice :D. But it worked for me. Or clean it with petrol. Of course clean it up with water after that.

AccordEpicenter
05-17-2003, 04:06 AM
well, it degrades the rubber, but it would work in a pinch, but who knows in the long run. Under the lid of the valve on the top there is a black plastic ring that you can fit a med-big flat blade screwdriver to back it out... can you see what i mean? Its just important you put it back together EXACTLY the way you took it apart

mindlos
05-17-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by anchovies
carb cleaner makes the seals swell...hmmmm
why so? But good thinking...i guess i might have given bad advice :D. But it worked for me. Or clean it with petrol. Of course clean it up with water after that.

He said petrol!!! :eek: I didnt think they had it in this country.

anchovies
05-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Well, your car gotta drink something. Tell me, does it come out as liquid or as GAS? :D

mindlos
05-18-2003, 08:15 AM
Where I come from nobody ever heard of gas going into cars so I was pleasantly surprised to see you say that.

enkeisroller
05-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Well i opened her up cleaned it out and put it back how it was, and it still did the idle thing. But i tighted the screw down another turn and so far it has not done it but i have only started it twice. We will see more soon... Thanks

anchovies
05-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by mindlos
Where I come from nobody ever heard of gas going into cars

me too :werd: