PDA

View Full Version : Any 3geez w/aluminum wing

meangreenLXi
05-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Thinking of adding one, but not sure if it's gonna look good. I know the downward force is gonna be sweet, but does anyone have any pics so I can see how it will look? I want to try to balance speed and style :stick:

Coroncho80
05-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by meangreenLXi
I know the downward force is gonna be sweet

:lol you're a funny guy! Downward force ................ :lol

My opinion would be NO! :D

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Thinking of adding one, but not sure if it's gonna look good. I know the downward force is gonna be sweet, but does anyone have any pics so I can see how it will look? I want to try to balance speed and style :stick:

If u want one, add one.. Alot of ppl here are going to tell you that the wing is rice.. You car .. your choice.. Where is Rochester?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-16-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
:lol you're a funny guy! Downward force ................ :lol

My opinion would be NO! :D

downward force :lol This guy is the new nate for comedy :D

On a serious note: Rear wings or spoilers are useless on FWD cars!!! It's not going to do anything for performance for the car. The only way it would is if you were going faster than the car can go. And that would like only help with suspension and handling. So the only reason for spoilers is for looks and please do yourself a favor and not get a Huge wing. B/c you will realize like we do that the 20ft wings are pretty :gay:

meangreenLXi
05-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Between Syracuse and Buffalo, thanx for the info. I'm a newbie, I thought I could get some downward force from the thing. I just wnt to be able to beat the next guy to the spot trying to make it through traffic.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
downward force :lol This guy is the new nate for comedy :D

On a serious note: Rear wings or spoilers are useless on FWD cars!!! It's not going to do anything for performance for the car. The only way it would is if you were going faster than the car can go. And that would like only help with suspension and handling. So the only reason for spoilers is for looks and please do yourself a favor and not get a Huge wing. B/c you will realize like we do that the 20ft wings are pretty :gay:

aww You are incorrect.. I suggest you go and do some more research before you try to flame somebody.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Between Syracuse and Buffalo, thanx for the info. I'm a newbie, I thought I could get some downward force from the thing. I just wnt to be able to beat the next guy to the spot trying to make it through traffic.

Damm your facking far..I am in the city..

Mike's89AccordLX
05-16-2003, 01:23 PM
I know what you mean when I first starting modding I wanted to get a big wing and then someone set me straight like I did and I realized that they really aren't gonna do anything other than looks. Do a search for some performance mods. Bigger injectors and what not would help.

meangreenLXi
05-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Hey thanx guys, I think the big ones are :gay: but I have seen some that are close to the car and not very wide :super: only reason why i considered, I was thinking that about the injectors as well, but didn't know if i would have to get a new fuel pump w/that as well? I'm new to modding :stick: , all criticism or help is appreciated.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey thanx guys, I think the big ones are :gay: but I have seen some that are close to the car and not very wide :super: only reason why i considered, I was thinking that about the injectors as well, but didn't know if i would have to get a new fuel pump w/that as well? I'm new to modding :stick: , all criticism or help is appreciated.

I have a better question... How much are looking to spend and do u have money to spend?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-16-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
aww You are incorrect.. I suggest you go and do some more research before you try to flame somebody.

I think you misunderstood me dude. B/c I wasn't flaming anyone. And you can ask him, I don't think that he feels that I was yelling at him or anything. And there isn't a big difference if you have a big wing on (on a FWD car).

Mike's89AccordLX
05-16-2003, 01:41 PM
I found this really nice smaller wing (wing was CF and the sides were alluminum. I'll get a pic b/c it looks really cool.

Mike89Accordcom
05-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Aluminum wings suck. You get one prepared to get made fun of and laughed at!!!

iloveJDMblackrims69
05-16-2003, 02:06 PM
yup..... be prepared to be laughed at......... and obviously you don't know anything about wings but hey im just saying what i think... your car your choice........ but seriously..... downward force? ummmmmm the only downward force youll get is faster than what the 3 gee registers at lol

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I think you misunderstood me dude. B/c I wasn't flaming anyone. And you can ask him, I don't think that he feels that I was yelling at him or anything. And there isn't a big difference if you have a big wing on (on a FWD car).

A wing works well with any fast car.. Be it FWD or RWD.. It's not really needed for our cars since they are pretty slow.. But for a fast car it helps keep the rear firm on the road..

Mike's89AccordLX
05-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Well I did say that the only thing it would serve a purpose for is handling. I think I said what I needed to say but damn some of those people need to state their opinions other ways. B/c when your opinion insults someones way of thinking then it's no longer an opinion.

Mike89Accordcom
05-16-2003, 02:33 PM
Yeah but critisism can be positive in another way!

i.c.
05-16-2003, 03:42 PM
do whatever you want, don't let other people tell you you can't..

adams86lxi
05-16-2003, 04:09 PM
yea, i would just keep the money for the wing and put it to something like a engine mod or something!:)

HondaBoy
05-16-2003, 09:31 PM
hey if u do wanna wing, dont go wastin money on a big ass aluminium one. the only down force ur gonna get is the weight of it. now if u wanna put a small wing or spoiler, ive seen em that look good. keep it real low. not more than like 4-5 inches high. a smooth touring wing thats kinda short will look good. what i did was went to the junkyard and bought a accessory honda wing. its like a stock style one that u could order from the dealership. i still need to get it painted and installed. well i dont have ne pix but look on Cardomain.com if u wanna see some examples. or better yet look here on 3geez through the old pix.

original2k
05-17-2003, 04:04 AM
definately try to stay as close to OE that u can as far as spoilers are concerned, a lot of those guys don't even realize how ridiculous their car looks with those freakin bi-plane propellers on their cars, like there's a neon where i live one of the new one's like 2000, he's got like a 12in+ wing on his just like that and he looks like a jackass riding down the road, in the words of takumi "does he wanna take off and fly or something?" :lol, but sorta off topic, i love it when the teg guys flip their acura badge upside down, not only does it signify the vtec that doesn't exist, but it also adds DOWNFORCE!!!! Ronch u should do that with your car :D

Coroncho80
05-17-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by original2k
i love it when the teg guys flip their acura badge upside down, not only does it signify the vtec that doesn't exist, but it also adds DOWNFORCE!!!! Ronch u should do that with your car :D

Nawwwwwww! :lol no badges on my car hehehe

Justin86
05-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Yea man get a nice spoiler with LED's.

Neuspeed007
05-17-2003, 08:01 PM
if ur car needs a wing then get it, but dont get one for looks cause these cars like everybody is pointing out are slow and useless and u will have no need for a wing. Yes you will get laughed at if you get one, be smart and get one if u need it, im not tryin to bring u down, but im just trying to save u some money

meangreenLXi
05-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Money is scarce:( and i'm gonna look into getting bigger injectors. Thanx for the info guys...

HondaBoy
05-17-2003, 09:30 PM
i always thought that the Acura "A" emblem upside down looked like a funny lookin Honda "H". anyone else thought this before?

Rick
05-17-2003, 11:23 PM
This is a 4g:

http://users.kymp.net/dsl1109d/gti-accord_1.jpg

Morpheus
05-18-2003, 12:13 PM
IF ur pulling past 100mph a smaller aluminum wing might look allright and be functional at the same time.

B16 ED9
05-18-2003, 01:02 PM
ok, aluminum wings wont have any affect on downforce especially on our cars. i believe that the speeds that you need to reach in order for the wing to work right is around 140 or somethin like that. i have a wing on my car, its just for looks. and the only people that are going to be laughing at you are the people on the internet. they have a nack for doin that.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hondacrew

pics of my car are on there

c20v6turbo3rdgen
05-18-2003, 02:09 PM
why would you want a wing? I was going to get a double stack terminator 2 but I put it on my car before I bought it and it just looked so f ing stupid. I don't see the point of it for a front wheel drive car

i.c.
05-18-2003, 02:16 PM
love the stance on your car pimp88accord.....i'm thinking of getting a skyline style, just for looks, since i want to get a drift body kit it'd look weird without something to tie it off, so if it looks right on your car ok, but if it looks like crap on there then don't do it...

kicker1_solo
05-18-2003, 02:29 PM
Here's one that my brother was going to buy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/pfb274f53632a2cd1775398f3c1749d88/fc202fc2.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p40268dc544000dfd3f993204dddc37f1/fc202fc7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/pd59851df22137224163d15fb589106ad/fc202fbe.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p1eeb3ac3c593218f23a8f695d6394a5c/fc202fb4.jpg

i.c.
05-18-2003, 03:06 PM
that actually looks pretty good....(what part of wa.?)

kicker1_solo
05-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by i.c.
....(what part of wa.?) down on the WA/OR border, about 2 hours east of Portland, OR.

Neuspeed007
05-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Pimp88Accord
ok, aluminum wings wont have any affect on downforce especially on our cars. i believe that the speeds that you need to reach in order for the wing to work right is around 140 or somethin like that. i have a wing on my car, its just for looks. and the only people that are going to be laughing at you are the people on the internet. they have a nack for doin that.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hondacrew

pics of my car are on there

WRONG! wings are for downforce, wich everybody knows that if you have alot of torqhe and u WANT to win the race a wing holds you down, it can even better cornering. It depends on what wing you get that gives u better downforce, always researce before u buy thatd for sure.
and no the only people who will be laughing at you are car enthusiasts. By that i mean, people who know cars. IMO an alluminum wing is not good for looks.

nick-

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed007
WRONG! wings are for downforce, wich everybody knows that if you have alot of torqhe and u WANT to win the race a wing holds you down, it can even better cornering. It depends on what wing you get that gives u better downforce, always researce before u buy thatd for sure.
and no the only people who will be laughing at you are car enthusiasts. By that i mean, people who know cars. IMO an alluminum wing is not good for looks.

nick-

Actually You just validated his post.. Pretty Funny...

Neuspeed007
05-18-2003, 08:33 PM
:D

kicker1_solo
05-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed007
wings are for downforce, wich everybody knows that if you have alot of torqhe and u WANT to win the race a wing holds you down, it can even better cornering. Not so much on FWD cars as compared to RWD cars though.....

Neuspeed007
05-18-2003, 09:50 PM
true

B16 ED9
05-19-2003, 12:27 AM
ok, on that last accord posted, that wing needs to be set back a little further on the trunk, it too far foward.

and i know these wings are for downforce, but what i was pretty much saying, was that we wont get fast enough in our cars for them to work like you're saying.

plus, there are very few companies that actually make aerodynamically correct wings, and they usually cost like 10 times more than the conventional one you pickup off ebay or somethin

oh, and its not very smart to argue about aluminum wings with somebody who has one:flip:

i.c.
05-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
down on the WA/OR border, about 2 hours east of Portland, OR. oh, used to live in kelso , anyways, i'm thinking of getting a gt wing just cause i like the look of it, i don't really care what anybody thinks, i'd like it...

Morbid Intentionz
05-19-2003, 06:23 PM
I got a wing on my lxi. Its a grand touring wing. I can get some pictures but would someone post for me?

inflikti0n
05-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by kicker1_solo
Here's one that my brother was going to buy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/pfb274f53632a2cd1775398f3c1749d88/fc202fc2.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p40268dc544000dfd3f993204dddc37f1/fc202fc7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/pd59851df22137224163d15fb589106ad/fc202fbe.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/p1eeb3ac3c593218f23a8f695d6394a5c/fc202fb4.jpg

hey what kind of rims are those? very nice

A Dawg Jr
05-19-2003, 09:15 PM
I've got a small wing, I know it's pointless, but it kinda dress' up the car.

crwa
05-19-2003, 09:21 PM
its wings like that that make me glad I didn't get one, I mean come on, do you really need one that high??? And that ugly??? I do like the the rims thought, maybe it wouldn't look as bad if it was lowered like two inches...

meangreenLXi
05-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Yeah I think it's a little high, but it looks sweet :super:, man come on, 3/4 the height it is now, I think is hot!!!

crwa
05-20-2003, 08:39 AM
I think its still to much, but why arn't there front blinkers???

OldSchoolSwap
05-20-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by inflikti0n
hey what kind of rims are those? very nice
Those look like my rims, "SOKUDO" from ADR...

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/26/C7/9561126-ba7d-02000147-.jpg

1988starter
05-21-2003, 05:51 AM
Between Syracuse and Buffalo, thanx for the info. I'm a newbie, I thought I could get some downward force from the thing. I just wnt to be able to beat the next guy to the spot trying to make it through traffic. A wing will only help you as much as a type R sticker. But if you want to come down mendon way about 30 min south of rochester I can help you with some mods that will help you beat the guy next to you

inflikti0n
05-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap

i was thinking the same thing.. good taste

Osiris
05-22-2003, 02:09 AM
Im with the rest of the guyz. Your better off either puttin money into more useful performance mods or just overall maintence of the vehicle. I think aluminum wings look better on newer cars if any at all. If i were to get one tho it would be somethin short and sweet. No freakin big ass wing that looks like wings off a glider.:eek:

If you feel that you must have one tho check this one~> http://www.whalentire.com/accessorydetail.cfm?accnum=AMWU923

i.c.
05-22-2003, 08:32 AM
that actually looks pretty good.....

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 08:49 AM
Why get an alluminum wing when you can get a CF wing :D

meangreenLXi
05-22-2003, 10:33 AM
I think, I'm gonna hold back from the wing and check out what 1988starter can help me do to my ride, seeing as though we live in the same climate and cars should act somewhat similar...After he helps me get the hp's up to 140 :pimp: then I will start thinkin bout a wing :super:......

meangreenLXi
05-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Thanx for all the feedback and if you got a wing, post a pic, I've seen some nice ones here, but if you have more by all means post them. So far all that i've seen have rocked!

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Sounds like you know what you want now. That's good. All this talk about getting wings is making me think about getting one. Does anyone seriously know what wings will help the handling? I would like a low to mid profile size wing.

crwa
05-22-2003, 10:45 AM
None of thw ings will do anything for handling unless your going over 120... Under that speed there just for looks, plus its front wheel drive, a rear wing would creat down force on the rear which would lift the front anyway... just do what I did and get a custom front splitter thats adjustable so its functional and actually makes a difference on a front wheel drive car...

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 10:50 AM
What's a front splitter? I'm sorry but I've never heard of that before. Do you have pics of it so I can understand it better?

crwa
05-22-2003, 10:54 AM
Look in the pictures section, its under crwa's car or something like that... There not the best pictures, I'll try to get better ones later plus some of the new stuff I've added...

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 11:09 AM
I remember you have that CF chin spoiler. Yeah those would serve a purpose. I would like to make one of those out of fiberglass b/c I've seen how much those go for on ebay and don't want to spend that much money for something I will end up modifing anyways. The only problem is I don't know where to get the hardware. I think I could be able to make a lip like that if I had the dimensions of yours. Is there only those 2 supports or is there some that I can't see? Any idea where I can get those adjustable supports?

crwa
05-22-2003, 12:33 PM
You can probably get the stabloizers at an import shop, but they are $50 for the pair. Those support the extended part of the lip, then it is connected under the front bumper al along its lenght or it runs all the way back to just below the core support... Its a spend project, but the carbon fiber is quality, its actually from a larger piece from fiber images...

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Damn $50 for the pair. How does it attach to the bottom of the bumper? So what else is holding that on there other than the stabloizers? If you could possibly get some close ups of the stabolizers on the lip from underneath or just tell me if the lip has 2 holes drilled into it and the stabolizers bolt onto the other side. I'm really interested in making a fiberglass version of your lip. So any help would be helpful.

crwa
05-22-2003, 12:56 PM
two holes have been drilled and the stabolizers bolt in, and they bolt into the front bumper as well... and no you can't copy my lip... seriuosly it's mine and I don't want it copied...

Own3d
05-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
A wing works well with any fast car.. Be it FWD or RWD.. It's not really needed for our cars since they are pretty slow.. But for a fast car it helps keep the rear firm on the road..

ok if yur puttin downward force on the rear tires, yur lifting the front up (less traction) and yur weighing the back down, use yur fucking head before u argue with someone

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 01:03 PM
Ok I won't copy it. I just need a generic design from you on how it bolts on to the bumper. I have a wicked design in mind and hopefully it's cool enough so I don't need to buy a bodykit. Ok I understand on how the stabolizers are on there now. (where do they attach onto the bumper though?) Is the back of the lip just bolted onto the bumper as well? About how thick is the lip so I can figure out what a good thickness would be. What I have in mind is getting some alluminum or tin and moulde it the way I want and cut it. Then I would wrap it in fiberglass until desired, then I would drill all the neccessary holes.

Own3d
05-22-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap

whered u get the rotors?

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 01:11 PM
Those are most likely the Brembo rotors from www.nopi.com They look like drilled and slotted. I think those are about $150.
My EBC Sport Brakes were also $150. Mine are from www.tirerack.com

crwa
05-22-2003, 01:12 PM
Its that simple its just bolted on, but I'm not gonna tell you everything, that would make it to easy on you... as far as the stabolizers go, they bolt throught the bumper at the top of the opening, but you can do it however you want to... its probably an 1/8 of an inch thick, maybe a little more, its the exact same thing you see on show cars or on some of the cars in magazines cause thats where i got the idea for mine, I basically copied one from an eclipse that was in Import Tuner a few months ago, but I'm the only street car with one as far as I've seen, and I've only seen one other one and it was on a 00 rhd civic at Import motion a few months ago...

crwa
05-22-2003, 01:14 PM
OSS has the aem big brake upgrade, try $400...

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 01:16 PM
Well hopefully I will have the 2nd one on a 3G. I'm probably going to photoshop it to get responses first to see if others like it.

crwa
05-22-2003, 01:22 PM
As long as its not carbon fiber I don't care...

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Well I suppose I could learn to work with carbon fiber :lol j/k
It'll be of fiber glass with CF vinyl hahahah!!!! No I will most likely paint it black or the color of the car. Best thing to do is to use black primer and if it doesn't look good in black spary it to match the car. Hopefully if it turns out like I want it to (it might have little wing type things on the side) The best way to describe them is those bumper wings that bring air to the brakes or whatever those are. But it will be all one piece. But it's just an idea so don't kill me ;)

crwa
05-22-2003, 02:40 PM
I thought about puttin those wing things on, and I held them up on it, but they just looked like I was tryin to hard, and they are cheap anyway, but if you want too do them then go for it, but I recommend holding some up first because I don't think you'll like them, There just dumb, but look at it this way, if you see a show car with them then go for it, but if none of them have them, then there dumb... plus think about it, your brakes are behind the rims, so how are wings gonna shout air back there??? they shout air out not in, besides there not gonna cool the brakes at all, there just for show, and when your drivin the spinning rims arn't gonna allow air thru to the brakes anyway and they sure won't move air when your stopped...

Mike's89AccordLX
05-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Well I wasn't going to use those actual wing things but I was going to have the lip kinda go across the whole bumper and kinda wrap the ends up so the go up the sides a little bit (3" to 5") But if I don't like on photo shop I will just do a normal chin spoiler like you have but different.