PDA

View Full Version : Ride Design

87accordlxph
06-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey guys I was just thinkin and from watching
Fast and the Furious for the 1000th time now, well too many times anyway, Is there a design program for the computer
like photoshop but a whole lot better to help us better mod our
rides? i.e. new look, performance parts and their HP vs Torque graphs and bar graphs like fast and the furious, ya know?

Any comments, concerns, remarks, etc. are appricated!!!!!

Thx a lot :super:

-Mike

TeKKnoTeKK
06-04-2002, 03:46 PM
well there is desktop dyno....but it doesn't have our engines and I don't know what it does exactly

pimp86LX
06-04-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey i was wondering that same thing, i'm a 2nd year programmer and i was floating the idea around about a directx 3d modeling program, it wouldn't be too too difficult, if we scan models of the body, engine performance info etc...i bet we could make a nice mod'd/performance program. I'm just learning some 3d modeling so i'll tinker around with the idea....if anyone has any ideas about this let me know

ACCORD EX
06-05-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
Hey i was wondering that same thing, i'm a 2nd year programmer and i was floating the idea around about a directx 3d modeling program, it wouldn't be too too difficult, if we scan models of the body, engine performance info etc...i bet we could make a nice mod'd/performance program. I'm just learning some 3d modeling so i'll tinker around with the idea....if anyone has any ideas about this let me know

i was thinking about that ! but it takes a lot of info to make a project like that ! i was going to make it in flash ! but man a lot of info needed ! :(

MIKE

pimp86LX
06-05-2002, 10:37 AM
bah Flash would Not do it justice. for a true 3d model directX in V C++ is the only way to go, now for engine performance calculations it CAN be done in Flash, but the scipting language is kinda wierd and twitchy,

it is a big project, yes but if a small group of computer geezs put our head together it could probably be done it 6-9 months(after planning)
anyone now of th SDLC? heh heh ohya!

ACCORD EX
06-06-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
it is a big project, yes but if a small group of computer geezs put our head together it could probably be done it 6-9 months(after planning)

:lol ! 6-9 months ! !! not a long time really ! :flip: :flipa: :werd: :eek: :D

MIKE

pimp86LX
06-06-2002, 01:07 AM
bah! i had a complete business dbase up and running in 3..but thats full time..and for $$

its all dependant on effort put in.....leasure time, hey it could take over a year......the question is....would there be ppl interested enough to make the effort
worth while

bobafett
06-06-2002, 01:27 PM
i have done some programming, and some 3d modeling, and i might be able to help out a bit!

i agree, a C++ engine is the only way to go!

then again, truevision with VB is another (easier??) solution...

some friends of mine are making a 3d mmorpg with VB...

www.relic-online.com

TeKKnoTeKK
06-06-2002, 01:44 PM
I would be willing to put in an effort....I don't really know prgramming but I could do whatever!
:werd:

pimp86LX
06-06-2002, 02:50 PM
never heard of true vision

in VB?

plz tell :smokin: :smokin:

bobafett
06-06-2002, 11:25 PM
truevision is a free 3d engine! its free to use, i think the only condition is that you cant charge for your product....

http://www.truevision3dsdk.com

i dont know much about it, but my programming buddies making that game just rave about it!!!

"TrueVision 3D is a leading developer of 3D engines for Visual Basic developers."- from their website//

pimp86LX
06-07-2002, 05:32 AM
sweet
heh heh 3d...and VB....doesn't sound practical...ah well if it saves time and effort its definitly worth the overhead