PDA

View Full Version : More Cooling Issues

87DX
05-16-2003, 04:04 PM
SH$T Ass

Alright, so I installed the new thermostat, replaced the fuse for the cooling fan located inside the car.

I run my car for a long time 5 - 6 minutes (Idle) and the two front hoses to the radiator seem luke warm, while the bypass cooling hose in the back (Weber Conversion) seems deathly hot.

I'm afraid to let it run too long, to see if the cooling fan kicks in.

I'm really confused and I don't have any cash to give the car to someone.

PLEASE help.

Cheers,

Bob

87DX
05-16-2003, 08:12 PM
Drove my car extensively....

The lower radiator hose is completely cold. While the top hose is hot. Is this an improper thermostat install or should I get the radiator flushed?

Cheers,

Bob

anchovies
05-17-2003, 12:47 AM
As long as the temperature is in the ok range, than it's fine. But it might be a faulty thermostat, or install and it's not opening. Install is pointy in, hole at 12 oclock.
But the lower hose might be cool to the touch cause u drove the car (wind blowing on the rad).
Again, check by jumping the fan. If it turns on, then run the car (keep an eye on the temp gauge) and see if the fan kicks in. Your lower rad hose at that time also should be warm to the touch.

A20A1
05-17-2003, 02:05 AM
Mine does the same thing, so I think it's normal... my radiator gets hot and the lower hose gets warm, but the coolant stays put inside the radiator, no leaks or nothing.

Then if the fan comes on things cool down pretty quick.

95AccordEXR
05-18-2003, 03:38 AM
your radiator sounds like it is completely blocked! the lower hose should have some warmth to it, the rad does not turn hot coolant cold! Look at your rad fins for signs of corrosion... especially the lower fins (it will look greenish blue kinda). If lots of corrosion, I think a new radiator is in order.

scandalcat1
05-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Thermostat stuck shut