PDA

View Full Version : Dent in hood!

88LX-iSedan
05-17-2003, 04:47 AM
Okay i have a kinda small dent in my hood right where the "H" would be, Im wondering if i could go outside in my Boxers with some yellow rubber boots and yellow rubber gloves then take a toilet plunger and start plunging the hell out of the dent. Will that get the dent out? :lol ...If there is a better way to do this lemme know.

shepherd79
05-17-2003, 05:31 AM
i don't think it will work. try taking it to body shop

Vanilla Sky
05-17-2003, 05:50 AM
yeah, try it with orange boxers and black gloves... and go barefoot...

since you're askin this question, i will safely assume that you aren't familliar with sheetmetal fabrication and repair... if i were in your shoes (or lack there-of), i'd take it to a shop, or just not worry about it

johndej
05-17-2003, 06:17 AM
yeah, i got a few dents in my hood but you can't always see them untill your at the right angle so i just left them.

meohmy01
05-17-2003, 08:01 AM
some dents are removable with a plunger. it just has to be a big easy dent. i took one out of my quarter panel like that.

bambamky
05-17-2003, 04:35 PM
hey 88lx-ISedan I have the exact same problem and on the front passenger side fender by the side marker light if you hear of any ideas please let me know?

sanjay
05-17-2003, 04:58 PM
fellas, fellas.... unfortunately, for safety reasons, honda reinforced the bonnet of our cars --> therefore you can't knock it out from behind.

In addition, you can't successfully plunge it out because you'll never get it straight. Where the "H" symbol sits is on a shoulder of the bonnet. Basically, it is the place where the hood curves. If it was dead flat like on the side of the car you could successfully plunge it out easily.

I too have a dent where my "H" symbol should be, (i lost it a while back). I'm now thinking of getting a changing light thingy at the front that you can control with a switch, but outherwise I have this ugly dent in the frojnt of my hood. Sucks huh?

If you guys have any better ideas, buzz me back. But I've been down to a autobody shop before and the guys like, yer mate that'll cost ya at least $120 australian ( $60-75 US) - I'm like, no thanks.

ghost_ny
05-18-2003, 09:13 AM
why dont you try bondo

3G Jester
05-18-2003, 10:59 AM
BONDOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lord knows im the king :)
hehehe

how much do body shops charge? like on average?

bambamky
05-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Bondo for a dent??
Come on its for rust repair hello!

blazin3gen
05-22-2003, 02:44 PM
heres a solution go to the Junk yard buy a $60 hood and walla u done! unless u get the wrong color just paint it

Tref_LXI
05-24-2003, 07:57 PM
yeah thats what i had to do since my dumb ass dad somehow dented it 4 times in 1 day.