PDA

View Full Version : Wheel adapters?

meangreenLXi
05-17-2003, 08:48 PM
I have 17"Konig Trantrums setting at home. The pattern of the LXi (4"x100mm) isn't as wide as newer Accord lug patterns. I've ordered wheel adapters from a preformance shop because I got a great deal on the Trantrums from a friend at work. Are wheel adapters safe to use:confused: I know i'm not going to be going all that fast, but the guy at the shop said at around 75-80mph that they would wobble. I drive to work daily 70-80mph. Any news on these adapters? Coyote brand name.:confused:

Justin86
05-17-2003, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't trust them. The only way to be really safe is to have the studs redrilled and moved over to fit. But that would be pretty damn hard to do.

meangreenLXi
05-17-2003, 09:01 PM
The thing is... I've got the wheels for only $600 w/tires in good condition. I could get 17" w/tires from a performance shop for about $1000. I haven't totally paid for the Konigs, but I do have them and it's like having a pocket full of money :mad: I badly want this things on my car. It would be a month or two before I could get the money for the rims from a shop...

Justin86
05-17-2003, 09:15 PM
I paid $720 for my 17" rims and tires with shipping . I got them on ebay so I saved about $200 from the retail price.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Justin86
I wouldn't trust them. The only way to be really safe is to have the studs redrilled and moved over to fit. But that would be pretty damn hard to do.

And likely on the expensive side.

Any type of wheel adaptor not going to work either. Since they are going to push the wheels out towards the fenders. He doesn't have the extra room to spare, his tires are going to rub in the rear. Getting rims with the wrong bolt patter or wrong offset, is never a good deal in the end. It's always better to be wait, save your money and not rush into the wrong thing.

meangreenLXi
05-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Yeah the guy said that the rims would stick out about a half inch or so. The rims have a 40mm offsett and I think I read on here somewhere that our cars need a 45mm offsett, and so i thought the extra half inch would benefit the offset.

meangreenLXi
05-17-2003, 10:41 PM
Oh yeah, the guy that I got the rims from has a '94 Accord and they did rub in the rear, 215/40/17

Jims 86LXI HB
05-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by meangreenLXi
Yeah the guy said that the rims would stick out about a half inch or so. The rims have a 40mm offsett and I think I read on here somewhere that our cars need a 45mm offsett, and so i thought the extra half inch would benefit the offset.

Oh no:sadwave: :huh: Your moving the offset, in the opposite direction. It's being moved into harms way, not out of it.

Well, you need to get out of that deal or sell them yourself.

I really, really wish you would or could have did a post asking about what you were planning on doing before you did the deal. I could have saved you allot of misery.

meangreenLXi
05-17-2003, 10:50 PM
No, I may still be safe. Selling the Konigs may not be all that hard, I just have to get back my money from the adapters, they are back ordered and haven't come in yet.

AccordEpicenter
05-18-2003, 10:53 AM
It may be pretty safe but i still think it would be a bad idea. You would probably get a wobble, and adding alot of offset like that is gonna make the car torque steer like a mofo

NeubJ
05-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Go over to

Wheelmax.com they have some great deals on 17's plus you will get ones that fit our bolt pattern.

Its best to look around for the best prices--
I didnt and I found out that I could of got 17 Enkei's for the same price I paid for my 15's
:mad:

goldyaccord
05-18-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by NeubJ
Go over to

Wheelmax.com they have some great deals on 17's plus you will get ones that fit our bolt pattern.

Its best to look around for the best prices--
I didnt and I found out that I could of got 17 Enkei's for the same price I paid for my 15's
:mad:

I have ordered from there too. THey have alot of wheels for 799 shipped. Good deal if you ask me. I plan to order my next set from them again.

meangreenLXi
05-19-2003, 04:55 AM
Thanx, I'm gonna look into that. Now I have to get rid of the 17" Konigs, I brought two new tires for the rims as well...