PDA

View Full Version : Made Another Custom Grille

HondaBoy
05-17-2003, 10:14 PM
well a while back i had made a custom mest grille for my 3gee. it did look pretty cool, but if u didnt know where the sharp spots were when u opened the hood. u were liable to cut ur hand. neway, that old mesh started to corrode and slightly rust. i could probley have fixed that with some degreaser, but i decided to make a new one. this new one i made is like an insert for the original chrome one. i realy looks great and does good for the apearance of the front. it looks like those ones u can buy on ebay. i just saw someone that posted a link to their pix with their custom mesh grille. i took some pix and will post em sometime soon. its looks pretty bad ass.

HostileJava
05-18-2003, 03:41 AM
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

blazin3gen
05-18-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Yes Yes Yes!!:D

89AccordLvr
05-18-2003, 04:24 PM
if the people here at 3geez like it u should start a business and do this by people send there grill to you and you charge them to make it

HondaBoy
05-18-2003, 07:52 PM
ya think so? that wouldnt be economical realy. although if i could get some better metal cutters, i could do much better jobs on em. the way i did this current one was, i got some mesh that i already had purchased at Home Depot. i got a big ass sheet for about $3. its just like what they sell at auto parts stores that are sometimes colored and are smaller than wut i got. they usually sell that stuff at parts stores for like $35-$50. its rediculous. neway, i basicly just cut out enough and trimmed the edges to fit behind the chrome part of the grille. u just take that off and put it behind there. ill be posting some pix cuz i just used up my whole roll of film 2day.

HostileJava
05-19-2003, 06:30 AM
Drum's finger's waiting nervously.

Mike's89AccordLX
05-19-2003, 06:39 AM
I got that galvanized mesh stuff for $4 for a 4'X8' sheet. Wear leather gloves :D B/c that stuff will cut you without you knowing it. I took it off b/c I cut a the bumper grille out and now I have a wide mouth bumper.

yaxley
05-22-2003, 02:56 PM
look at my dirty car in the pics section I have that done on my car too I meshed the bumper too. Its under MY DIRTY CAR in the pics