PDA

View Full Version : top end monster?

Morpheus
05-18-2003, 08:14 AM
After I swap a B series I was thinking about how I will build it. I think I want to build a top end, narrow powerbanded, gutless under 6k, torqueless thing. To do this I was thinking I would need race cams, ridiculous huge exhaust, headwork, maybe a B17 destroke, ECU. Anything else that would make it pure top end? Does anyone else want to do something like this? Cause I'm kind of a black and white stop and go person and I figure I'm gonna go all out or just drive normal so why not build it that way. I think it would be fun to be gutless by sacrificing low end and then xploding into tire smoking powerband.

bobafett
05-18-2003, 09:18 AM
its a b16, its already a torqueless and gutless under 6k motor... hhehehe oops thats not what you meant huh?

but youre just gonna need to build a "race" motor... they cost $$$'s

Jims 86LXI HB
05-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Morpheus
After I swap a B series I was thinking about how I will build it. I think I want to build a top end, narrow powerbanded, gutless under 6k, torqueless thing. To do this I was thinking I would need race cams, ridiculous huge exhaust, headwork, maybe a B17 destroke, ECU. Anything else that would make it pure top end? Does anyone else want to do something like this? Cause I'm kind of a black and white stop and go person and I figure I'm gonna go all out or just drive normal so why not build it that way. I think it would be fun to be gutless by sacrificing low end and then xploding into tire smoking powerband.

Or you could do it turbo, that'll get you their to, off boost lag for the gutless part, boost for the tire smoking part.

Your not really serious about this,.....are you?:huh:

Morpheus
05-18-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
Or you could do it turbo, that'll get you their to, off boost lag for the gutless part, boost for the tire smoking part.

Your not really serious about this,.....are you?:huh:

Yah sure as long as I can stay in powerband I want to do go all the way. It would be awesome to punch it in liek 3rd gear and have it start screaming like a 2 stroke dirtbike hitting powerband. I'm willing to sacrifice all the low-mid torque and power in exchange for more up top. As long as it idles farily well and will get up hills at 2-3 k I'm aight with it.

shepherd79
05-18-2003, 05:11 PM
if you gonna have power after 6K, you won't be able to drive it everyday. well you can drive it, but you will spend hell lot of money on gas.

Grant2k
05-19-2003, 09:21 AM
maybe a B17 destroke
maybe i don't know what i'm talking about, but it sounds like you plan to destroke the engine and get more displacement. that doesn't happen.

shepherd79
05-19-2003, 12:14 PM
the way i understand, he wants to use B18 block with B16 crank.

Grant2k
05-19-2003, 12:17 PM
oh thanks.

Morpheus
05-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k
maybe i don't know what i'm talking about, but it sounds like you plan to destroke the engine and get more displacement. that doesn't happen.

I know the displacment is decreased, but it revs higher. I could also maybe bore it some to compensate. If I bore does it make the engine less able to hold high boost pressure?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Is this the same kid that does not have a car? It belongs to his aunt ?

'A20A3'
05-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

yep, that's him.:rolleyes:

Morpheus
05-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

It's mine she just wont fix it.

Not even registered under her name.

'A20A3'
05-19-2003, 02:56 PM
It's mine she just wont fix it.

Not even registered under her name.

who's name is it registered to?

Grant2k
05-19-2003, 05:39 PM
I know the displacment is decreased, but it revs higher. I could also maybe bore it some to compensate. If I bore does it make the engine less able to hold high boost pressure?
i know what you mean now, i just didn't know the plan was to start with a B18 i though you were starting with a B16.

toastyghost
05-19-2003, 07:42 PM
EDELBROCK MANIFOLD!!@#

edit: AND TEST PIPE!!!1

edit again; AAAND IM DURNK

goldyaccord
05-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by toastyghost
EDELBROCK MANIFOLD!!@#

edit: AND TEST PIPE!!!1

edit again; AAAND IM DURNK

Care to let me in on the party? :D

bobafett
05-19-2003, 11:56 PM
for some reason at 1am that post was really funny... damn you for keeping me off task! :)

86AccordLxi
05-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Get back to work slacker!!!

Alex

goldyaccord
05-20-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by 86AccordLxi
Get back to work slacker!!!

Alex

:lol :lol :lol

toastyghost
05-20-2003, 09:17 AM