PDA

View Full Version : Injector wires?

ryansaccord
05-18-2003, 09:39 PM
I was wondering if the injector wires, the power wires all pulsed or the ecu gave each one power at a different time, because with my wire harness i had to splice it right before it goes off into the injectors, so im wondering if i might have spliced it and hooked up the injector wires to the wrong injector? any body know any more about this shit

cruznz
05-19-2003, 02:44 AM
honda pgm-fi system is an electronically controlled sequential fuel injection system, so you'll have to make sure you get them right

ryansaccord
05-19-2003, 03:44 PM
ok, there is four red/black wires that go to each injector, what i want to know is does a certain red/black wire go to a certain injector, becuase there is four of them and there all the same, i looked in the diagram and it shows that they each go into the injector resistor, but it shows that each one has the red/black and then coming from the ecu has a brown, blue red and yellow i think to each one, i am really confused about this, what else could be causing my main relay to be clicking?

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-19-2003, 07:11 PM
I don't think it matters on the red/blk wires.
Here's a circuit schematic that might help correct the FI wiring. About the main relay clicking? That's the M R between the injector resistors and the fuse so this might have something to do with it ?:confused:
http://members.nccw.net/heywood/88%20FI%20Wiring.jpg

cruznz
05-20-2003, 12:52 AM
steve's correct about the red/blk wires,as usual..;o)....it's the other colours that need to be right........as for the M/R,check it's got a good earth,...does it click all the time?....

ryansaccord
05-20-2003, 06:01 PM
yeah, when there is power to it it clicks all the time, but the fuel pump works, and when i turn the key to the third spot, you can hear the fuel pump kick on, pressurize then kick off and then the main relay makes one last click and then doesnt click anymore, but still the car wont start, im going to take an injector out to see if it is actually injecting fuel, maby thats the problem?

cruznz
05-20-2003, 07:41 PM
have you double checked the wiring to the M/R?

ryansaccord
05-20-2003, 07:53 PM
double checked what? All there is is the plug in that goes to the relay right? well i was talking to this mechaic i know and he said to check the wiring to the relay to see if its bad you get a test light and take the main relay out of its spot and check the wires that plug into the relay, if the light is flashing, then i know that my wiring is bad, but if its not then i check the ground to see if its grounded and if its not then i know thats the problem, but if those are fine, then i know its the relay, so i think i can check the wiring, and then i was gonna check the injectors to see if there squirting fuel, but thanks for the diagram and ill let ya know how it goes and if bad then ill be back asking questions, probably tonight sometime

ryansaccord
05-20-2003, 09:06 PM
well the wires to the main relay seem to be ok, according to the mechanic, so ill get a new main relay and see if that is the problem, hopefully thats it,

anchovies
05-20-2003, 10:29 PM
you can do without a main relay for now right?
just for testing though. Too dangerous if you get into accident or something.

ryansaccord
05-21-2003, 07:23 PM
how can i start it without a main relay?
nothing works without it? or at least i dont think so?

anchovies
05-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by ryansaccord
how can i start it without a main relay?
nothing works without it? or at least i dont think so?

just wire it together i guess. Check the manual for testing the main relay. That'll give you an idea if you can't find the schematics for the main relay for connecting which wire to which.
Just a thought though, I've never tried it b4.

ryansaccord
05-22-2003, 06:09 PM
yeah, i think ill just wait and get one tommorow, maby, hopefully thats the problem

ryansaccord
05-24-2003, 07:27 PM
ok, i finally figured out why my car wont start, its my injectors, for some reason there not getting power, well they are, heres the situation, when i take a test light and ground it, then stick it into one of the wires it then injects the fuel, but both wires that come out of the injectors are hot. They both put out a power, but im wondering if there suppose to do that, and why they work, when i use the test light, im thinking it grounds it to work, but i dont understand why there not working, i went and got a new wire harness so thats not it, anybody know what it could be now?

cruznz
05-24-2003, 09:54 PM
you're right in your thinking,...the ECU grounds the injectors thru signals from other sensors,(CYL & TDC sensors for example)

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-25-2003, 03:32 PM
This is just a guess from way out in left field, but everything you describe leads me to guess your grounds to the ecu suck!! So to make me happy, :D why don't you make sure that the ground wire to the valve cover is well connected! That OK?, so now please check that this ground (G106) is secured! Thats the ground for the ecu! It should be under the fuel pressure reg. Hope this solves the dilemma, if not I gave it a shot!

* edit* Damn that picture looks like shit, sorry! :crying:

ryansaccord
05-25-2003, 04:13 PM
yeah, those are both good, i have no fucking clue what it is, its been two weeks now and i need my damn car back, its not my main relay, i have four of those, i have five ecus, i have two injector resistor boxes, i have no idea, anybody else have any sort of a clue?

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Crap! Sorry to be wasting time. I really have no clue. According to the diagram I have, the only other place that there are connectors are the two big 14 pin white connecters by the cruise unit and injector resister. I have a hard time believing that those are switched tho. If I think of anything that seems feasable, I'll get back. :(

ryansaccord
05-25-2003, 04:53 PM
k, thanks anyways

ryansaccord
05-25-2003, 08:29 PM
well after me fucking with it for two weeks, i finally had this mechanic i know come out and look at it, in fucking ten minutes he tells me what is wrong with it, my injectors arent getting the signal to turn on because i still have my dx distributor. The lxi has that one plug on it and i guess it sends the signal to the ecu to turn the injectors on or something, so tommorow im gonna go get a distributor and see if that works. Shit

cruznz
05-25-2003, 09:26 PM
it'll work....

ryansaccord
05-26-2003, 09:06 AM
theres expensive though, 100 dollars with trade. but its worth it to get it running. ill get back weather or not it works, wish me luck