PDA

View Full Version : How do u change Pedals for 5 speed swap

AccordEpicenter
05-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Ok guys im having real problems trying to swap the pedal assembly. I cant even get it off the freaking JY car. I got all the nuts off and the clutch cable and gas cable off and the pin for the brake cyl off too..... now how the F*** do you get it to come off the car? Ive been struggling with this for a few hours... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: I need serious help, do you need to remove the pedals before the bracket comes off or what? Ive heard people talking about dropping the steering rack.....

YK86
05-19-2003, 02:57 PM
You wil lhave to remove the pedals, cables, return springs, etc and drop the steering column down. The bracket is held in with a bunch of 12mm (I think) nuts.

AccordEpicenter
05-19-2003, 03:07 PM
ok, what is involved with dropping the steering column? It sounds complicated, is it difficult? From what ive seen and experienced soo far, i think the pedals are the hardest part of the swap, do you agree or disagree?

YK86
05-20-2003, 02:00 AM
It is a bitch since everything is in the way or in a weird spot so I'll have to agree. I hate having to go under upside down to try and get the pedal stuff off. The steering column is quite easy. You need to take off a brace that holds the column and the thing will drop right down.

AccordEpicenter
05-20-2003, 10:21 AM
Is it possible to drop the steering column down and remove the pedals and pedal bracket as one assembly? I got the one at the JY unbolted with the pedals still attached, and the only thing it was still held in by was the steering column... I can take it out like that, right? The reason im asking all this stuff in detail is because i want to put the pedals in before i start the swap, so it takes as little time as possible, i dont want to miss work, but i think if i start it on friday after work, and i already have the pedals and crap already installed, I should be able to swap the tranny and everything in by sunday afternoon (or saturday, but im thinking its gonna take me longer than i expect) then sunday afternoon/evening i should be able to work out adjustments etc...

YK86
05-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Hmm,never tried that so I wouldn't know. You might as well give it a try. If it works, let me know. I'm going to be swapping another car to 5 speed soon so it'll help if it does work.

AccordEpicenter
05-20-2003, 09:23 PM
sure... ill let you know when i start monkeying with stuff