PDA

View Full Version : All done with the seats!!! (56k beware)

jigga89SEi
05-19-2003, 01:34 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1zp2e/Pics/P5170004.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1zp2e/Pics/P51700011.JPG

blazin3gen
05-19-2003, 02:25 PM
damn it looks nice dude! i would like a pair in blue :D

2Fast_Fiero
05-19-2003, 02:37 PM
How much did that cost?

87lxi accord
05-19-2003, 03:40 PM
looks good man, you do that yourself?

89accordboi
05-19-2003, 04:10 PM
done with what? i dont see anything cool.... yet again i dont have a car.

i.c.
05-19-2003, 04:34 PM
the custom seats....looks good

iloveJDMblackrims69
05-19-2003, 04:37 PM
You took the black leather off first right? I can't satnd when ppl dont do that...........But looks good man....better leather condition them every week!!!(keep them clean and re-furnished)

jigga89SEi
05-19-2003, 07:23 PM
First off......It's boat vynil.......I did them myself handsewn......Alot of people around here have approuched me about making them.....So I'm going to start up doing some custom jobs around here.......After I get my sewing machine I might start selling some on the site.....but it depends on whether or not people are really serious about it........Materials cost me maybe a total of $90.........But it was alot of work...I'm going to do them for more than just accords....and i'm going to start practicing with other materiel like leather and tweed.....so if there's a real interest......We could possibly work something out...........

.........P.S..........I'll post better pics soon..........

3G Jester
05-19-2003, 08:10 PM
dood thats hot. gives me a major chub.

think youll every incorporate the head rest?
i like...but id like a head rest. and waht about the back seats?
is that a cover? or full on re-appuster? [sorry bout spelling! its phonetic]

Grant2k
05-19-2003, 08:56 PM
looks good man.

2Fast_Fiero
05-19-2003, 09:30 PM
I want my 2 seats and back seat done in Silver and Blue, I'm doing the interior that this weekend. Everything thats brown will be Silver, everything black will be Blue

Mike89Accordcom
05-20-2003, 12:10 AM
interesting, looks nice man....

jigga89SEi
05-20-2003, 03:19 AM
it's reappolstered...........The back seats are done.........I'll get pics of the whole interior next weekend........I still gotta finish the doors and center console........and dash but that is going to stay factory for quite some time...............

pearldrop
05-20-2003, 02:03 PM
It turned out pretty good. Set them out in the sun for a while and it should shrink a little and tighten up. Next time you do it, glue each piece of the pattern to 1/4 inch foam and then sew them together. It will make them lay out without the wrinkles and make it fit tighter on the seat.

adams86lxi
05-20-2003, 03:26 PM
looks pretty good!:)

ghost_ny
05-20-2003, 03:38 PM
very nicely done, i myself did my door panels in navy blue, white ,and black. just gotta do the seats, change the carpet and the dash and paint all plastic.

jigga89SEi
05-21-2003, 03:44 AM
Thanks pearl...........did u do urs urself in the old accord?..........Those where bad azz..........anywayz the headrest are going in as soon as i get my in dash dvd player........I put screens in them but no reason to drive around with them if nobody can watch them...........

pearldrop
05-21-2003, 07:01 AM
I helped all the way through the process of doing my seats. There were three of us working on them so I just did what I could to help. The only thing I didn't work on was the actual sewing. I needed to leave that to the professionals.

jigga89SEi
05-21-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by pearldrop
I helped all the way through the process of doing my seats. There were three of us working on them so I just did what I could to help. The only thing I didn't work on was the actual sewing. I needed to leave that to the professionals.

I'm going to wnd up redoing all my seats again......so I thank u for ur imput.......

For a while I thought u left........I hadn't seen u post in a while........

I'm working on getting really good at seats and stuff........I wouldn't mind apolstering for some extra cash and as a hobby........I like doing interior cause u can make it reflect the driver........I'm starting my doors today.....hopefully
Then all i have to do is the dash.......I'd like to get it dipped but I don't know anywhere around here to take it..........

Blue Impact
05-21-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by jigga89SEi
First off......It's boat vynil.......I did them myself handsewn......Alot of people around here have approuched me about making them.....So I'm going to start up doing some custom jobs around here.......After I get my sewing machine I might start selling some on the site.....but it depends on whether or not people are really serious about it........Materials cost me maybe a total of $90.........But it was alot of work...I'm going to do them for more than just accords....and i'm going to start practicing with other materiel like leather and tweed.....so if there's a real interest......We could possibly work something out...........

.........P.S..........I'll post better pics soon..........

This explained a lot, man. Thanks. At first, I was gonna ask if you used the Tide to wash the black off and the seat itself eventually turned white. But yeah, thanks for the explanation and NICE JOB!!

jigga89SEi
05-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Here's a couple of them in the car......there will be more when I finish the interior....enjoy.....

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1zp2e/Pics/P5190008.JPG

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1zp2e/Pics/P5190009.JPG]