PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch Horns

POS carb
05-19-2003, 04:11 PM
anybody have compression drivers in their car? like the old image dynamics ones? I have some klipsch horns to put in but the mids they're like 3 feet long so they gotta go in the back somehow and I remember the image dynamics ones were folded horns that are compact

AccordEpicenter
05-20-2003, 10:31 AM
Hmm, i dont have them in my car, but i have Klipsch KG-4 speakers at home, and they are nice and loud and pretty accurate but are a little revealing and a little harsh sounding with transistor amps, but with the tube amps they very nice. They have like a 3x12 in horn tweeter and 2 8"s, a variation upon a theme of what youre talking about.

POS carb
05-20-2003, 05:14 PM
these are old school drivers from the Klipsch K-horn and Cornwall series only I'm usig the Cornwall squaker horn because of it's "compact size" (the K-horn has the same driver on a bigass 4x8 horn or something close to that)
The crossover is cool it's old school and built on a block of wood with a bunch of choke coils and transformers

I need something more clear to compete with my bass and highs and with a little eq-ing you canmake those mids sound sweet

AccordEpicenter
05-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Yeah i bet you can, and they are F****** loud because the compression drivers are very sensitive. Ive never heard anybody using them for car audio... let me know how it works out, this sounds like an awesome idea. Just one thing, where did you get these drivers??? They are pretty hard to come by

3G Jester
05-20-2003, 09:48 PM
get the 'la cucaracha' horn controler....adds 50 hp :D

POS carb
05-21-2003, 08:04 AM
I have 2 khorns and 2 cornwalls sitting in my garage with no use so until I get a place of my own where I can put the behemoths I may as well enjoy their sound. I was thinking about using the Klipsch 15's in the Mustang. Classic woofers in a classic car. Debating how many :D

as for the cucaracha horn I think I'd rather get "Ahoooogah" first lol :lol

3G Jester
05-21-2003, 10:54 AM
hahaha an english teacher in my old high school had one in his truck!!! his last name wass 'skoog' [wierd i know...but he was fuckin weirder] so he claimed it said..'skAAOOOOOOGAH'

then there is a girl in my school...he dad got her a completly rebuilt AND VERY SEXY SEXY CLEEEAAAAn 73 (?) charger...orange....oh god its hot.

haha the horn plays 'dixie' :)