PDA

View Full Version : re-build

wprocomp
05-19-2003, 06:15 PM
well I finally quit my crappy part time job and I am finally going to start my career as a airplane mechcanic:D so now that I will be making some decent money I am going to finish my stroker block and start on the HA86 so....

first I will start on the engine with a full bottom end and bumb the compression up to 10.5:1,get some head-work done,send off my cam, and hopefully put sidedrafts on or a weber,as for the trans I will prob stay with the auto until it blows then maybe go to 5-speed,not real sure on that one......

then I am going to strip the paint and spray it back to the factory blue but throw a pearl in it for a nice finish and of course leave the hood black:D as for the interior I will not really worry about it because It's all-ready the way I want it...maybe some new carpet and a headliner though.......

as for the suspension I will replace all the bushings and put in some urithane bushings and some bigger swaybars and put a set of se-i disks on the back if I can find some....and start on my strut brace under the hood,and look into some new wheels....I am currently pricing everything and I will keep everyone updated on the work and take lots of pics

-RED

btw: I am still looking into a B20 with trans if anybody knows of one for sell let me know,I will go with the B20 if I can get one,gold top if possible...pm me if anybody knows of one.

wprocomp
05-20-2003, 06:29 PM
my car is on cardomain now too feel free to comment
: http://members.cardomain.com/my3gtyper

pimp86LX
05-20-2003, 09:45 PM
Holy giant muffler Batman!

scandalcat1
05-21-2003, 06:25 PM
Hey wprocomp,
Where at do you live in san antonio?
I have family on the west side there off culebra and some off west commerce.

SiR
05-21-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by wprocomp
I am finally going to start my career as a airplane mechcanic:D

So your going to be aircraft mechanic! DON'T!!! j/k

I enjoyed being an aircraft mechanic and learned a lot, learned enough that i prefer flying them for a career. Its a great job compare to cars, its just doesent pay enough as automobile, given that you sign your life away with your A&P and have a bigger resposibilty now that your were the last to touch that plane with a wrench. But I think they are A LOT easier to work on due to the simplicity and a lot more room to work on.

wprocomp
05-22-2003, 03:03 PM
Holy giant muffler Batman!
:huh:

So your going to be aircraft mechanic! DON'T!!! j/k
so do you enjoy it? its awsome from what I here but you have to work your ass off for it though,and ya cant beat free training.
Where at do you live in san antonio?
patranco and 1604,you use to live here?

SiR
05-22-2003, 08:50 PM
I enjoyed it, I just wanted to be on the other side of airplanes. What kind of free training are you getting, like work experience?

wprocomp
05-23-2003, 02:46 PM
3months of training,then they put me were I excell at,and I am promised a job too...$15ah to start I belive.then after 8months more training in that specific feild.