PDA

View Full Version : hesitation

3rd GEN
05-19-2003, 07:40 PM
ok.. heres the situation..
its nothing major really...
just when i step on the gas hard..the car seems to hesitate and become kinda bogged down first, then it picks up and takes off..
or if i'm cruizin along and gift it some gas, sometimes it starts get jerky...well not jerky or jolting.. but it' s just not a smooth acceleration...

also, when i go up a hill, it starts to bog dawn a bit too, like a carb would..
i just came back from Kelowna today...and when i went up a hill on the highway...it would start to bog out after awhile.

I just replaced the pllugs and wires..and i ran a thing of injector cleaner through it aswell..
so could it be a combination of the air fiter and fuel filters needing to be replaced..the air filter is kinda dirty.. and the fuel filters, i have no idea when they were last replaced..

thanks

anchovies
05-19-2003, 09:44 PM
yeah...replace both filters first.
you answered your own question.

3rd GEN
05-19-2003, 09:46 PM
haha.. that was a given...
i am gonna do all the filters this week..
but if those don't solve the problem, what else could it be??
i sure as hell doesn't feel like it's the fuel pump..
cuz my fuel pump died not too long ago on my other car, and i know what the symptoms to that are...

anchovies
05-20-2003, 01:21 AM
if not then timing check.
if not then goto 3geez.com

3rd GEN
05-20-2003, 09:07 AM
haha..
ya also one of my belts keeps making a squeel for a few seconds..
or when i'm driving along, and if i drop into 3rd and step on it, i can hear that belt give a little chirp..
so i don't know which belt it is...could be power steering belt, alt belt, fan belt, timing belt...mmmmmmmm

anchovies
05-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Get some belt dressing spray and spray on it.
If you know which one, you can also dap some old oil on it.

wthramann
05-21-2003, 08:37 AM
Not fan belt, Accords have electric fans.
Not timing belt, as it runs on a sprocket.
Doubt power steering belt as you would hear the squeal with turns not with acceleration.
Doubt A/C belt as you would hear the squeal with A/C coming on.
Leaves Alternator/Water Pump belt. Suggest you check and adjust tension. Never put oil on a belt.

CASH24
05-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Power steering belt will squeal, even if your not turning, so you might as well check that one too. Or least mine did. I had an old power steering belt and I put as much tention as I could but it was still loose, so I bought a new one and adjusted it and the squeal went away.

3rd GEN
05-22-2003, 09:47 AM
ya.. my power steering belt on my other car squeeled too..
but i'm begginning to think it is my alt belt..
cuz if i am sitting parked some place with the car running.. and i roll down a window or turn on a fan.. then that noise comes.. like when the rpms drop...so i think it is the alt belt

wthramann
05-22-2003, 01:32 PM
Make sure you are in a relaxed state of mind because you need to be patient when tightening the belt. Tight fit and slow going. I always notice more squeal with turning the steering wheel when its the PS belt but no harm in checking both.