PDA

View Full Version : Headlight twitches

blazin3gen
05-19-2003, 07:46 PM
ok i didnt know where to put this but my Drivers side headlight, bulb has a problem when i turn my lights on its blinking like crazy really dim, when the car is in park its ok but once i push the gas or take it on the road it starts acting up, whats wrong? does it have to do anything with my 2 bumperlights which have never been there because somebody stold them?

3G Jester
05-19-2003, 08:50 PM
umm...check the wires....maybe a short or loose wire. because as long as your stationary its cool...but when you start going it putters.

Grant2k
05-20-2003, 09:51 AM
this should be added to the FAQs.

over time the wires will break at the point where they hinge from the retractable headlights. go to the auto parts store and buy a socket for a 2 headlight system and it will have like a foot of wire on the end. take the light out and stick your hand in there and cut the wires and splice in the new socket. make sure you cut it after the point where the wires hinge.

blazin3gen
05-20-2003, 10:19 AM
thanks guys, great help Grant thanks!

Grant2k
05-20-2003, 10:38 AM
no prob.

blazin3gen
05-20-2003, 12:50 PM
hey grant how much would that cost? i dont have time right now but maybe by the weekend i could do it

Grant2k
05-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by blazin2gen
hey grant how much would that cost? i dont have time right now but maybe by the weekend i could do it
i forget i did mime a few years ago. it's cheap though, it shouldn't be more than a few bucks. it's just a plastic socket with some wire on it.