PDA

View Full Version : How to put on 88-89 lude seats.

Immeraufdemhund
05-20-2003, 07:18 AM
Well from reading the posts here i thought that it would be a simple little things. HA! that's a good one. (i'm going to relentlessly make fun of you who made it sound easy):stick:

so here's the how tooooo:mad:

How to put on 88-89 lude seats

Material list:
Prelude seats
Your Accord Seats
10mm socket
12mm wrench
12mm socket
14mm socket
17mm socket

Channel Locks
Phillips screwdriver
flat head screwdriver
Hack Saw (bi-metal blade)

Expected Time, Sweat, and blood:
4hours, 2pints, 3 Gallons.

Directions:
1. Disconnect the (-) on your battery (not really, but the book says it)
1. take off your seats. 4 14mm bolts. 1 of them is a little tricky, either get a deep throat 14mm, or put the socket on and then put your extension on (it won't go on all the way but you can now turn it). When taking off don't forget about the seat belt wire. Disconnect that and then pull off.
2. There are two sides to the seat. The easy side is the side with the seat belt. The hard side is the one with your recliner controls. I'd start with the easy side.

3. EASY SIDE: take off the easy side (2 14mm bolts attached to the seat, 1 12mm nut attached to the chair) After taking off all those bolts play around with it until the rack comes off. Disconnect any wires/cables attached that prohibits you from taking off the easy side.
3a. Take off the seat belt (1 17mm bolt). Set all that aside from your accord seat.
4. Take off the prelude easy side (same setup, 1 12mm nut, 2 14mm bolts), and swap seat belts.
*4. Note* Only swap the seat belts because the accords bolt that attaches the back rest is a bit taller so use the preludes since the seat belt matches up.
5. Put back on the prelude easy side with the new accord seat belt.

3. HARD SIDE: The hard side is a bit tricky. Loosen the cover (2 phillips screws, you'll have to pry up one of the screw covers with the flat head). There are 3 bolts now attaching the hard sides on both seats. The two in the front are 12mm nuts. Take those off of the accord. Most likely you wont be able to take off the middle one with out first taking off the 10mm bolt on the back of the slider. when you get those three bolts off pull it off and set it aside. Do the same thing to the lude seats.
3a. On the accord chair you'll notice that the 3 holes don't line up. The first and last one do so you'll have to chop off the middle bolt. It doesn't have to be completly smooth, but as close as possible.
4. Grab the accord hard side slider, and the accord bolts with the big washers and nuts with washers on them. The big washers go in between the chair and the sliders. This is were the channellocks come in. put the 10mm bolt on first but just barely. Then press the 12mm bolt in on the other side and tighten it down.
5. put back on the cover.

6. Now make sure both sliders work. On the drivers chair you'll have to hook back up the preludes wire that pulls on the teeth to lock the sliders in place. Make sure the recliner still works, and also the turny thing that unlocks the teeth. That completes ONE seat.

7. When putting it back on put on the back bolt closest to the ebrake, get it on their rather good but don't torque it. align the holes for the other back seat bolt (you'll have to pull it a bit to align the two). Then do the same to the front. It took a bit of effort to put them back in the car but it's worth it.

Hope that helps, any questions email me: [email protected]

CARBurn
05-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the how to. I was just looking at some Prelude seats in a junk yard today wondering if there was a way to make them fit.