PDA

View Full Version : I want my 89 Sei to look smooth and clean, need suggestions and references!!

Steven Nauman
05-20-2003, 04:22 PM
hey wassup!
im have a nice 89 Sei coupe, and i want to make it smooth looking. im low on funds right now, but i need some help, and advice on: rims, interior, springs and or ground controls, nice paint job etc!! i need all the help i can get! thanks!
steve

pimp86LX
05-20-2003, 04:26 PM
Hey, and welcome to the board. My advice would be to keep a simple and sleek look. These cars can be sexy! Also, do some thorough searching on this board before posting. A lot of people like to flame and flame good!

:)

btw. are your leather seats in good shape?

ghost_ny
05-20-2003, 04:27 PM
for the interior try to keep it to two colors, what color is the car

iloveJDMblackrims69
05-20-2003, 06:48 PM
GET A BIG ALUMINUM WING..........UMMM.........SOME NOS STICKERS AND SOME OF THESE WILL DO(GREDDY, AEM, DC SPORTS, SKUNK2, ETC...) ALSO......YOU CAN CUT YOUR SPRINGS! ;p

Oz87Si
05-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Simple things can make it look real sleek.

On mine (which is silver), I've tinted the windows, tinted the lights, gotten fog lights and gotten 16'' 5 spoke honda alloys real cheap with a mat finish (nice wheels). Looks really good now and not too complex. Everything on the outside is either black, or silver. I got some nice chrome tips on the exhaust too....and I keep it clean.

I havnt spent a whole lot.....no spoiler or kit or anything like that, but the car looks great, and it was all simple.

crwa
05-20-2003, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by iloveJDMblackrims69
GET A BIG ALUMINUM WING..........UMMM.........SOME NOS STICKERS AND SOME OF THESE WILL DO(GREDDY, AEM, DC SPORTS, SKUNK2, ETC...) ALSO......YOU CAN CUT YOUR SPRINGS! ;p [/QUOTE

Whats with you, I mean really...:wtf: why are you bein stupid to this guy... All he wants is some advice on how to have a clean lookin car, and you have to come along and and say stupid stuff like that to him... and wonder people on here complain about guys bein mean... If you arn't gonna be serious then don't say anything to him...

Anyway, welcome to the board, and to get a nice lookin car just make it clean shavin... Here's what I would do- shave the emblems off the front and back, then paint everythin, from the moldings to the mirrors that way everything is one color, then find yourself a nice set of rims and tires, like some 17's, and lower the car a few inches and upgrade your struts as well, that way you won't bounce and you'll have a stiffer and smoother ride. Then you can do some bolt ons like an exhaust system and some other things for some extra power... and I'm sure you can figure out the rest...

Ohhh, and I happend to have some stickers on my car and one of them is dc sports, so you got a problem with that hater???

Blue Impact
05-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Keep it simple, my friend. If you want to go for looks over performance, I'd say the first thing to do is lower your car.

iloveJDMblackrims69
05-21-2003, 08:28 AM
LOL damn dude........I'm just playin around.......and steve........PAINT YOUR TAILS!!! they'll look really good and it's one of the cheapest mods you can do.....simple go to walmart and buy "transparent candy apple red testors model car paint" and then take ur tails off and newspaper the red and your reverselights. Paint it evenly and let the dry in the sun. They'll look great.....just look at Mike's car........I had pics, but lost them......

BDaccordguy
05-21-2003, 10:38 AM
i would say that if you end up shaving emblems, u might as well just go ahead and shave the door moldings too. Tint your windows if they arent already.

3G Jester
05-21-2003, 10:47 AM
welcome to the board!!

also.... i would like to extend a big THANK YOU, for not asking. 'HEY MAN WHERE CAN I GET NOS AND AN INTAKE?!?!?" hahaha

like everyone says....keep it clean, simple and nice. shave the emblems and door handels if you want a REALLY clean look. talk to the user 'Pearldrop' if you want to do that. he can give you all the info on how to do that and get the door opening systems.

If you get a wing....look for stock ones. they look the best on our cars in my opinion and arent big and flashy.

If you have any questions.....try using the SEARCH feature before you ask...most likely there is a few other threads with MANY posts about tips, hints, tricks on what ever you wanna do.

anything that you dont know about that people say in THIS thread such as 'painting your tails"-- do a search on 'paint" and 'tails'. itll teach you everything you need to know. basically you spend 5 bucks on a can of red spray paint and make your tails alll red. its sexy. do a search---there is a thread with all the details.

Well...thats enough outa me. enjoy , good luck and welcome to the board!!

3G Jester
05-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Ohhh, and I happend to have some stickers on my car and one of them is dc sports, so you got a problem with that hater???

haha i only have a problem if you DONT have any DC parts!!!

:tongue:

88' Accord Ltd
05-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah first lower your car, then get some nice rims. After that go for the body work. Don't cheap out on the body work if you want it to last though! But as suggested before, paint your tails!! Nice cheap mod, that makes a world of differance on our cars! Also do the clear bumper signals, its in the FAQ.

Mike89Accordcom
05-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Just get some rims and tint, and your set. Then drop it and paint the tails red.

Steven Nauman
05-22-2003, 06:07 AM
Thanks for all the advice Ya'll! i got some great ideas to do this summer. i would love to see some more pics on the paintin the tails tho, if anyone's got them. but that wont be any time soon. thanks. peace out!
steve