PDA

View Full Version : Got my revalved Bilstein sturts today.

Jims 86LXI HB
06-04-2002, 07:42 PM
I don't know, I guess it's the kid in me, but ever sturt I've ever gotten, I've compressed them by hand to check them out. I checked the Bilsteins, then the koni's. Now I just got the Bilsteins back from Bilstein after being revalved stiffer and good lord they are stiff, much stiffer than I remember the other's being. Dang I can't wait to get them on the car to test them, but I don't know when I'm gonna have the time to do it:rolleyes:

OldSchoolSwap
06-04-2002, 09:24 PM
Hurry freaking up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell us man! Its just a 2 hour job man (if your fast);)

YK86
06-04-2002, 10:21 PM
Keep us informed! Oh, how much was it to get them revalved???

goldyaccord
06-04-2002, 11:01 PM
damn it! I can get it done in 1-1 /1/2 hours! (Air tools at my disposal):p

Jims 86LXI HB
06-05-2002, 07:04 AM
Yes I know, and I've had all to much practice in doing it. But I don't own the tools I need, they belong to my brother. He won't let me use them with out him being their. He's the problem. And since he's such a big help to me, I don't want to rock his boat.

Yasu, the revalving costs $55 per strut, plus of course what it cost to buy the struts in the first place. If you purchase the struts from shox.com and have them sent out directly to Bilstein to revalve, it cost's $65, per sturt, go figure. Which is a little odd since Bilstein is located just a few blocks from shox.com.

RobT5580
06-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Sounds good Jim, thanks again for all the help i cant wait to put the Koni's in my car but i have to wait im getting new lower control arms now just so i dont have to do it in the future and plus the bolt is frozen in the fork as usual. Im still waiting on the strut bars front DC and justins rear bar....should be nice