PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm

'A20A3'
05-20-2003, 06:36 PM
tell me what you guys think of this. i have a 88 lx-i sedan, and it's running kinda wierd. i think it might be my alternator. whenever i'm at idle, and i turn my wheels, or use a power accessory, my rpm's drop, but then rise again when i stop turning or turn the power accessory off. the rpm's don't drop so low that it seems as if it's going to stall, but i don't think that it's normal for this to happen. what do you guys think? i'm puzzled by this one...:huh:

ghost_ny
05-20-2003, 07:15 PM
could be, mabe your idle is too low, or you battery is on its way out

'A20A3'
05-20-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ghost_ny
could be, mabe your idle is too low, or you battery is on its way out

i already adjusted my idle, warm idle is now at 900-1000 rpm's when it's warm, i did this to stop the extreme vibration, because the idle was too low. as for the battery, to the best of my knowledge it's still pretty new, and steering affects my rpm, which is why i think it could be alternator related. could it possibly be the alternator belt is lose? let's just say that my battery isn't on it's way out; what else could it be??:sadwave:

please help....

'A20A3'
05-20-2003, 09:12 PM
if anybody has any idea what could be causing this i would really like to know. any ideas would be greaty appreciated. help me fix my car please!!:sadwave:

anchovies
05-20-2003, 10:28 PM
My idle also goes down when I turn the wheels max side to side. I'm thinking it's the belts (ps/alternator) not adjusted correctly.
Doesn't bother me though.

wthramann
05-21-2003, 08:19 AM
I think my 88 Lxi also drops the rpm with accessory usuage and/or power steering use. As it never stalls I don't worry about it. How low does yours go?